Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just taken delivery of my Cross 4 and I am very pleased with it, however having had a Kuga for the last 8 years I am a little bemused by the technology in the vehicle. I know it will come to me eventually but at the moment I am doing one aspect at a time.
I have read in the manual (wow) that there is a way of deadlocking the vehicle but I cannot seem to get it to operate - confused!
I would like to master this as we do have quite a lot of thefts in the area of 'keyless entry' cars.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have an Eclipse Cross 4. The deadlocking requires specific timing of your presses of the lock button. Here's how I do it:

1. Press the lock button. The mirrors start to fold in, and the indicator lights flash once.

2. As soon as the indicator lights have flashed, press the lock button again. The indicator lights will flash three times to confirm deadlocking.

Do not wait for the mirrors to fold in before pressing the lock button the second time, or it won't work. The two presses must be within two seconds of each other.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RiBuck
Thank you for that saved me a lot of searching/trial and error. I feel a lot safer leaving the car now.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the EC! Wouldn't expect it to take long for you to learn all the nuances of your new vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts