Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Crossers.
I've had my Eclipse Cross for 2 weeks and I am very happy with it....except for the HUD units range of viewing adjustment. I'm 5'10" and I feel most comfortable with the seat at almost max height. However this seating position means that I can't see the HUD display unless I bend my head down even when it's adjusted to it's max. There seems to be loads of adjustment the other way (for shorter people). Does anyone else have this problem?

Dave.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am six foot tall, like you the seat is at max height and have zero problems seeing the HUD.

When I bought the car, the salesman showed me how the HUD worked and there were a few settings also showing on it, however, I can't replicate it? All I ever get is the speed and a pop-up warning now and again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
All I ever get is the speed and a pop-up warning now and again.
The only other information displayed on the HUD is from the speed limiter and cruise control if you are using those.

I would love it if the HUD could display navigation instructions from Android Auto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The HUD height (I'm only 5'9") is perfect within the adjustment range for me. However, my complaint is the "Left/Right" adjustment. For me, sitting straight on to the wheel, the HUD display seems slightly too far to the right (Passenger side). Can this be adjusted? I'm about to take my in to the dealer in a week for its first service, so I'll ask them as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just taken delivery of the Eclipse Cross 4x4, very disappointed the HUD will not display the Sat Nav, the manual explains how to turn on the Navigation menu on the HUD screen, don’t try as its disabled on all the UK models, I have written to customer service for an explanation as to why, otherwise great car

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just taken delivery of the Eclipse Cross 4x4, very disappointed the HUD will not display the Sat Nav, the manual explains how to turn on the Navigation menu on the HUD screen, don’t try as its disabled on all the UK models, I have written to customer service for an explanation as to why, otherwise great car
that actually has me wondering how much longer brands like this can keep going
BMW is slowly releasing more affordable products, they have upsells but the competitive hook does well at preparing consumers for the upsell
its a level of upsell that wouldn't be as possible here

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fully agree, wished I logged on this website before purchasing my vehicle, customer service confirmed yesterday HUD will not display via mobile phone when using navigation, I am experiencing loss of Bluetooth connection dumpimg my navigation screen back to dab and the reconnecting, using iPhone SE, difficult to understand when the phone is hard wired to Apple play, beginning to whish I purchased a car with proper built in sat Nav as I now have increas my data on my mobile contract, unbelievable, off to,Halfords to buy a Tom Tom !!

·
Registered
66 Posts
@Lenacre -

See if you have any updates for your phone, as I've found that updates often fix connectivity to bluetooth systems. I know it sounds rudimentary, but in context:

I've had several Windows phones before October of last year. Depending on the updates, connectivity would be a coin-toss. Switched to Android on a Razer Phone 2. Then it was Android Oreo (v8.1). Couldn't connect to my older Mitsubishis.
I had the head unit firmware on one of the "twins" (see avatar image) updated. Didn't make a damned difference.

But could in the Cross - both Bluetooth or hard-wired. But, even hard-wired sometimes wouldn't connect "USB connection issue" on-screen.)

Got an update for the phone, pushed from Razer. Fixed the Bluetooth issues instantly.

Hope this helps. I know that as of January there weren't any firmware updates to the head unit for the Eclipse Cross.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The only other information displayed on the HUD is from the speed limiter and cruise control if you are using those.

I would love it if the HUD could display navigation instructions from Android Auto.
I think there are a few things missing too. Would love the song to play and also the turn signals. Shocked that the blinkers don’t show up when on.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yes, the HUD is mostly useless. I am in the process of assisting with the purchase of a Mazda CX-3 for my partners father and its HUD has navigation indicators (they have inbuilt satnav and CarPlay navigation here in Oz), traffic sign recognition results, turn signals as well as the minimal stuff of the EC. Even an older rental GM sedan in 2016 had all this stuff but Mitsubishi give this anemic example. Not of much value overall.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't think I would want ALL that info on there, i would think it could get cluttered and hard to read. With just the small amount of information on these I think it's less distracting and more helpful. But i haven't experienced the others so maybe it would be great to have the info.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think it would be interesting to see more information on the HUD, but where do you draw the line? Mitsubishi took a minimalist approach showing only what is needed -- vehicle speed information and safety alerts. Anything more isn't really necessary for the safe operation of a vehicle with "eyes on the road" as the principle idea.

I have seen some other HUD's in other vehicles. The owner of the company I work for has a Mercedes S-Class and the general manager drives a Kia Stinger. Both HUD systems are pretty similar and show a good deal more information. The boss complains it's too much information and the GM has a tendency to just turn it off because it's distracting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts