Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum and also the proud owner of a 2022 eclipse cross Le. I love it so far but for such a large suv it seems severely underpowered. Is there anything that can be done to improve performance?

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Bangarang. :)

Did you get the 2WD or the SAWC model? I'm not sure that would make much of a difference in pure power, but it would in handling. In any case, ALL EC models come with the same 1.5L turbocharged engine. The thing is you have to get it up to around 2000 rpm before the turbocharger kicks in. It's pretty responsive at that point on.

It's never going to be a 440 V-8 hemi, but where, specifically, are you feeling power issues?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
hi. I have the 2WD. I don't really have any issues persay I would just like to increase the power to like 200HP or more.

Welcome to the forum @Bangarang. :)

Did you get the 2WD or the SAWC model? I'm not sure that would make much of a difference in pure power, but it would in handling. In any case, ALL EC models come with the same 1.5L turbocharged engine. The thing is you have to get it up to around 2000 rpm before the turbocharger kicks in. It's pretty responsive at that point on.

It's never going to be a 440 V-8 hemi, but where, specifically, are you feeling power issues?

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
hi. I have the 2WD. I don't really have any issues persay I would just like to increase the power to like 200HP or more.

You might take a look at this. It claims to boost HP to 204. I can't vouch for it, though. You might want to reach out to the person who started the thread and see if it's still working well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.