Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Eclipse Cross Instyle 4WD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Thibault, I am 33 years old and I live in France.
I just bought a 2018 Eclipse Cross.
European version Instyle = SEL 1.5T S-WAC.

I find it magnificent and I need it to live in the middle of the mountains where we regularly have snow in winter (15cm currently).

I am on the forum because I am looking for information to use the 16 "wheels and my dealer tells me that it is impossible because the calipers are too big.

Happy New Year 2021 to all.

·
Registered
343 Posts
As base models of the Eclipse Cross all have 16" Wheels, I think your dealer may be giving you incorrect information, unless the French specification is different to that of most other markets. However they may well be correct, if an electric handbrake is specified.
I would think you can fit 16"wheels to your car but check this out with Mitsubishi Europe HQ should be able to confirm that 16" wheels will fit onto your car.
Welcome to the forum and wish you many happy miles, or should that be kilometres, with your Eclipse Cross.
Address. 3 Avenue Hoche 75008 Paris, France. Telephone +33-1-4054-4848. Facsimile +33-1-4054-4816.

Ah, I forgot about the electric handbrake setup, my car has 18" Wheels but has a handbrake lever. Still worth checking with Mitsubishi though, as they may be able to help you.

·
Super Moderator
366 Posts
Welcome to the forum Thibault. The user manual lists both 16 inch and 18 inch wheels With identical pitch circle diameter (bolt configuration) and offset for both. But, it also advises the owner to check with the dealer for the proper wheel/tire combination, so it looks like a call to your dealer might be prudent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts