Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 GT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, about 8 months now with my first Mitsubishi. 2019 EC GT trim (or your local equivalent). 29,000 kms off the lot, with the hood protector and window deflectors.

Retired the 21 year old Xterra, kept the 20 year old Sierra 1500, so its a completely different driving experience from what we are used to. Plenty zippy, great handling, comfortable.

So far, swapped the stock tires for Hakkapeliittas, and got a set of 225/60R17 Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015s for the summer/shoulder seasons on RTX OE Ulsan wheels - one of just a few options matching the stock offset/hub size. Thule wingbars, and an Ayer 2 tent up top (not many options with the 110 lb roof load limit). Mounting bolts just clear the sunroof when open.

Didn't make it up north last winter with the travel restrictions but it'll see some snow in a couple months. S-AWC seems to work well on service roads.. well enough it takes all the fun out of the drive anyways. ~60kms of gravel to the lake in the photo below.

Zero issues and zero complaints so far. Real happy with our choice.

Cheers,
Dan

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
2019 GT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really neat! I was actually thinking about roof tops but maybe go this way.
The110lb roof load limit wouldn't even accommodate half of my body, LOL!
110lbs is the dynamic/driving rating. Spike forces when you hit a pothole at 60km/hr, brake hard or swerve add up quicker than a couple bodies climbing in to sleep.

Static load bearing capacity is not listed anywhere I can find but is usually around 3-5x the dynamic rating. I was a little surprised that there was no derating with the pano sunroof.. 110 across the board. Some other CUVs on the market will drop from 165 to 110ish with glass up top.

Tailgate tents are a good way to go as well. Just too bad the back seats don't fold down flat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts