Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I trust that this message finds you safe and well.

We recently ordered a brand new 2020 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross GLS 1.5T 2wd which should be delivered to us before the month is over. The cost is $316k TTD which equates to approx. $46k USD. Our warranty is 3-years or 100,000km (62,500miles) whichever one comes first.

This particular version of the Eclipse Cross does not come with the S-AWC, pop-up headlamp washers, 360 camera, Rockford Fosgate premium sound system or the auto dimming rear view mirror.

Now I can't do anything about the omitted features due to warranty guidelines, however, all I wanted to know is if the Gentex auto dimming rear view mirror with compass, temperature and homelink features (available on amazon.com) can be installed? Our vehicle comes with the Forward Collision Mitigation system where there is a black plastic panel housing which hides the forward facing camera just behind the windshield. Mounted to this same black housing is the regular mirror using an 'L' shaped bracket.

So based on the above, was anyone successful in installing such a mirror or anything similar?

Your feedback would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Adrian Singh

·
Registered
89 Posts
Honestly the only way to be sure is to open up fcm cover and see for your self the type of mirror mount used and purchase mirror with similar mount... most cases the seller can varify...but because of variation of mirrors and the cross being fairly new model most info are not accurate.
So if ur technical enough to pull off cover thats your best route.
I purchase and install an android base mirror ...it has way more than compass and because of rearvirew camera the digital view is way better and safe .. most time I dont need to even use side mirror.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ok did some search for you
Screenshot_20201116-114132_Chrome.jpg

Instruction how to remove... however it seems u don't have to remove the whole cover... just the little tab as shown in image below.
Screenshot_20201116-114241_Chrome.jpg

U can also see the type of mirror connect used in pic.

Also most of features left off can be added ...easy and cheaper way is to get parts from a donor vehicle and activate function in etacs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for your input, research and insight! I will definitely consider the info before I attempt anything at all.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and wish you many happy miles in your new Eclipse Cross.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mountainsofbeer,

Vehicle prices in this country of mine is ridiculous! As willisjamaica basically alluded to, we have 3 statutory taxes to be paid on each imported vehicle. The first is Customs Duty which is calculated as a % of the "CIF" value. The percentage rate is based on the cc rating of the engine. Next we have the Motor Vehicle Tax (MVT). This tax is a dollar value (based on categories) multiplied by the cc rating of the vehicle. Finally, all figures are added to create a subtotal and the final tax is known as Value Added Tax (VAT) which is currently at 12.5%.

On top of all of this, since the island is so small, we only have 7 dealership entities. Each entity is responsible for a particular set of brands. So, where Mitsubishi is concerned, we only have 1 authorized dealership selling their vehicles in my country. Its a monopolistic situation where there are no competition. So dealership markup/margins are sometimes up to 30-40% at the very minimum. In other words, dealerships here make extremely healthy margins and the government does not intervene to manage this.

So, whilst $46K USD for a Mitsubishi seems absurd, a reasonably equipped 2020 Toyota RAV4 2.0 2wd CVT costs approx. $61K USD. If you want the 2.5 AWD model with the 6AT transmission, then prepare to part ways with $87K USD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts