Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Eclipse Cross 1.5 3 5d manual, FWD, version '3', 2018 plate
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the UK,

Just taken delivery of an Eclipse Cross, 2018 registered. Wow, it's big!

I've upgraded from a Ford Fiesta, same year, and it's like driving a bus in comparison, but in a good way. I love the high driving position and the space. The cabin layout is excellent. There's been some compromises in features between the two like losing the ACC & blind spot mirrors I had in the Fiesta but many other features to compensate, the standout ones so far being: Trackpad, HUD display, electronic power steering - much smoother than the Fiesta - and other features I'm yet to discover as there's still more buttons to play with!

My confusion arises from trying to get to grips with the Mitsubishi terminology & tech, the handbook being a little hard to follow. I know it's a matter of sitting and playing and pressing buttons. That's where I hope this forum will help. I'm sure there'll be many questions.

My verdict so far after 24 hours: very pleased with my purchase.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello from the UK,

Just taken delivery of an Eclipse Cross, 2018 registered. Wow, it's big!

I've upgraded from a Ford Fiesta, same year, and it's like driving a bus in comparison, but in a good way. I love the high driving position and the space. The cabin layout is excellent. There's been some compromises in features between the two like losing the ACC & blind spot mirrors I had in the Fiesta but many other features to compensate, the standout ones so far being: Trackpad, HUD display, electronic power steering - much smoother than the Fiesta - and other features I'm yet to discover as there's still more buttons to play with!

My confusion arises from trying to get to grips with the Mitsubishi terminology & tech, the handbook being a little hard to follow. I know it's a matter of sitting and playing and pressing buttons. That's where I hope this forum will help. I'm sure there'll be many questions.

My verdict so far after 24 hours: very pleased with my purchase.
Congrats! did you get the AWD?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome to the Forum thewiccaman and hope you enjoy the Eclipse Cross. I'm based about 30 miles west of Glasgow on the Firth of Clyde coast, and just wonder where about you are in Britain.
As above, which model did buy. I have an Eclipse Cross 3 with manual gearbox and front wheel drive, and finding it a great car, with surprisingly good engine performance when required.

Reactions: thewiccaman

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Forum thewiccaman and hope you enjoy the Eclipse Cross. I'm based about 30 miles west of Glasgow on the Firth of Clyde coast, and just wonder where about you are in Britain.
As above, which model did buy. I have an Eclipse Cross 3 with manual gearbox and front wheel drive, and finding it a great car, with surprisingly good engine performance when required.
Hi Telferstr,

Thanks for the welcome. Still getting to grips after my Fiesta. So. Many. Buttons! Only had it for 24h and one trip to work & back last night.

It is the FWD petrol, '3' version I think according to specs, manual gear box. Was surprised to find heated front seats though.

I've had to compromise on some features I'll miss from my Fiesta: satnav, adaptive cc, blind spot mirror warning and the lane control - it juddered to bring you back into your lane - I do have the lane control warning though. But the Carplay integration is excellent. I didn't like Carplay initially and never used it in my Fiesta but seems to have improved vastly since I last investigated it so satnav covered.

Because I'm a big kid (but no spring chicken!), a standout feature for me is the HUD. I mean, c'mon. Star Wars!

I live in Derby so have the Peak District on my doorstep. Most of my family live in Kent so some long drives to look forward to in it.

·
Super Moderator
439 Posts
Welcome to the forums @thewiccaman. :)

I'm surprised that you don't have ACC if you have the HUD. In the U.S. at least those sort of went together in the SEL trim level (which I have). Of course, if you hang around the forums long enough you'll realize that Mitsubishi has different options for different regions. I still am blown away every time I see the rims offered in Asia and the Mideast vs. the semi-ugly ones we get.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats! did you get the AWD?

Hi,
Thanks for the welcome.

No, the 1.5 petrol FWD drive version. seems nippy enough though! Fuel consumption: time will tell!

I'm surprised that you don't have ACC if you have the HUD. In the U.S. at least those sort of went together in the SEL trim level (which I have). Of course, if you hang around the forums long enough you'll realize that Mitsubishi has different options for different regions. I still am blown away every time I see the rims offered in Asia and the Mideast vs. the semi-ugly ones we get.
Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, I’ve noticed that watching YT reviews from the US and Australia, how the specs vary.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for the welcome.

No, the 1.5 petrol FWD drive version. seems nippy enough though! Fuel consumption: time will tell!

Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, I’ve noticed that watching YT reviews from the US and Australia, how the specs vary.
argh! you should have opted for the AWD, the S-AWC is top notch and that's one top feature I loved with the EC.....you'll appreciate it much when you drive on gravel, snow & rains...:)

·
Registered
53 Posts

The ACC, FCA, lane assist, sun roof options are only available if you opt for the Touring option...my 2019 non-touring SEL trim doesn't have those......but after reading issues with the FCA, that gives me a bit of some relief...LOL....other than that, the ACC is all I wanted to have since I love road trips...:)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi Telferstr,

Thanks for the welcome. Still getting to grips after my Fiesta. So. Many. Buttons! Only had it for 24h and one trip to work & back last night.

It is the FWD petrol, '3' version I think according to specs, manual gear box. Was surprised to find heated front seats though.

I've had to compromise on some features I'll miss from my Fiesta: satnav, adaptive cc, blind spot mirror warning and the lane control - it juddered to bring you back into your lane - I do have the lane control warning though. But the Carplay integration is excellent. I didn't like Carplay initially and never used it in my Fiesta but seems to have improved vastly since I last investigated it so satnav covered.

Because I'm a big kid (but no spring chicken!), a standout feature for me is the HUD. I mean, c'mon. Star Wars!

I live in Derby so have the Peak District on my doorstep. Most of my family live in Kent so some long drives to look forward to in it.
Hi thewiccaman,
Re you missing the SatNav. You can down load Android Auto onto a Smart Phone and link the phone to the cars entertainment centre, using the USB ports on the lower dash. This will give you back your SatNav. Not the best and sometimes can be a bit temperamental. If you can, give it a try, making sure though you use a good quality cable for the connection. I found the cable supplied with the phone did not connect to the system very well, and bought a slightly heavier braided type cable which seem to improve matters.
With regards the the fuel consumption I'm getting about the mid thirties running about locally. On a recent run down to Manchester, a round trip of 502 miles the car achieve 41 mpg on the down trip, and 38/39mpg of the return journey,. running at 70/75mph on the motorways. Must be more hills going north

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
argh! you should have opted for the AWD, the S-AWC is top notch and that's one top feature I loved with the EC.....you'll appreciate it much when you drive on gravel, snow & rains...:)
It was a matter of cost, my budget and 2nd hand availability. Seems very few top spec models go on used sale here in the UK or those that do were well outside my budget sadly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi thewiccaman,
Re you missing the SatNav. You can down load Android Auto onto a Smart Phone and link the phone to the cars entertainment centre, using the USB ports on the lower dash. This will give you back your SatNav. Not the best and sometimes can be a bit temperamental. If you can, give it a try, making sure though you use a good quality cable for the connection. I found the cable supplied with the phone did not connect to the system very well, and bought a slightly heavier braided type cable which seem to improve matters.
With regards the the fuel consumption I'm getting about the mid thirties running about locally. On a recent run down to Manchester, a round trip of 502 miles the car achieve 41 mpg on the down trip, and 38/39mpg of the return journey,. running at 70/75mph on the motorways. Must be more hills going north
Actually been playing with Carplay again - I use an iPhone - and it's actually much better than I remember as is Apple Maps so going to give it some love.

Another thing I find is that it corners much better than my Fiesta - smoother without the stiffness I got with the Fiesta. As to fuel consumption, those figures of yours are pretty good. I have the eco mode on and I'm getting 4 & 5 stars for my economical driving too! I have some longish journeys coming up in the next few weeks; down to Northampton from Derby and down to Kent too so we'll see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts