Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
478 Posts
Welcome to the forums @Kev. I like the front of the '22s but I wish they had kept the split rear window. The PHEV isn't available here in the U.S. but by the time I'm ready I'm hoping Mitsubishi has a full EV offering. Gas is a dinosaur, both figuratively and literally. ;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi Kev, and welcome to the Forum. Hope you enjoy your new car and have many happy miles with it.
My only question is :- How did you manage purchase the new model Eclipse Cross, as I understood that Mitsubishi were not selling the new model Eclipse Cross in Europe as a whole including the UK.
I recently sold my Eclipse (had a very good offer from my Dealer) but also partly because Mitsubishi are not selling any new models into the UK market and only now offering a 10year period of service back up.
It is interesting to see that this apparently does not seem to be the case in Denmark. In the uk we can by new old models but this will stop as these models are phased out and withdrawn from production.
Anyway, enjoy your new car it being a great pity that here we cannot still buy the latest new models from Mitsubishi's in the UK, as the result of their strange decision to withdraw from the UK market.

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Kev, and welcome to the Forum. Hope you enjoy your new car and have many happy miles with it.
My only question is :- How did you manage purchase the new model Eclipse Cross, as I understood that Mitsubishi were not selling the new model Eclipse Cross in Europe as a whole including the UK.
I recently sold my Eclipse (had a very good offer from my Dealer) but also partly because Mitsubishi are not selling any new models into the UK market and only now offering a 10year period of service back up.
It is interesting to see that this apparently does not seem to be the case in Denmark. In the uk we can by new old models but this will stop as these models are phased out and withdrawn from production.
Anyway, enjoy your new car it being a great pity that here we cannot still buy the latest new models from Mitsubishi's in the UK, as the result of their strange decision to withdraw from the UK market.
Yep we had just brought a brand new Outlander when they announced they were leaving Europe, very disappointing, but they seem to have changed their mind regarding the rest of Europe and are staying in apparently pity as I think the UK was the biggest market, we looked at the Eclipse when we got the Outlander,but as there was no PHEV modal we choose the outlander , now we have these EC in Denmark my dealer made me such a good offer we could not refuse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just odered the new eclipse cross PHEV in Germany, dealer told me they had plenty of new vehicles in Hamburg and more arriving in the next few days.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Very interesting information and thank you Kev and Johnny, but it seems the UK market is being phased out for some reason. There is in place a 10 service back-up guarantee with existing Dealers, but this excludes new models being imported to Britain. This seems very strange, as the UK and Japanese Governments recently signed a new Trade Agreement between the 2 countries, which has reduced tariffs etc., making trading terms better between both countries. I'm making further enquiries to try and find out why this is so..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very interesting information and thank you Kev and Johnny, but it seems the UK market is being phased out for some reason. There is in place a 10 service back-up guarantee with existing Dealers, but this excludes new models being imported to Britain. This seems very strange, as the UK and Japanese Governments recently signed a new Trade Agreement between the 2 countries, which has reduced tariffs etc., making trading terms better between both countries. I'm making further enquiries to try and find out why this is so..
I recently read that Mitsubishi Germany was planning to withdraw from the German market, and then they had a change of heart and stated they were staying. So go figure, who knows.

Reactions: Telferstr

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I recently read that Mitsubishi Germany was planning to withdraw from the German market, and then they had a change of heart and stated they were staying. So go figure, who knows.
They were going to pull out of the EU completly but seem to have changed their minds they will stay in the EU but pull out of UK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts