Eclipse Cross Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've used the Mitsubishi original wshields on my last three vehicles and they all had the same method of installation. None have ever been a problem. The change in the new model may be the issue though there must still be some fixing points under the bonnet/hood for the brackets to attach to and then you screw the other screws in from the top. The new one linked by @Phever looks quite unsightly IMO. The old sleek and clean look I have was much better. It was from Mitsubishi North America and not sourced locally.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've used the Mitsubishi original wshields on my last three vehicles and they all had the same method of installation. None have ever been a problem. The change in the new model may be the issue though there must still be some fixing points under the bonnet/hood for the brackets to attach to and then you screw the other screws in from the top. The new one linked by @Phever looks quite unsightly IMO. The old sleek and clean look I have was much better. It was from Mitsubishi North America and not sourced locally.
FYI a couple of pics from the bonnet underside on the new EC. There are 2 holes under the rubber seal which I have marked with 2 washers. Each is approx 145mm from the bonnet centre line. No other holes around the rest of the rim. How does this compare to the 2020 model? Cheers
Hood Motor vehicle Trunk Car Automotive exterior
Hood Automotive exterior Tints and shades Automotive design Composite material

·
Registered
576 Posts
Earlier model has a slight difference in the under panel shape. Probably to do with the updated bonnet/hood. Here are my pics. She is a little bug splattered as we are into Spring here and the bugs are heavy here in the country at the moment even in daytime. The fixtures are in the same place on my one but it is fixed through the perspex with a screw and metal washer only. Other than that there are two clips on the each outboard edge of the perspex that have screws through from the front (last pic). Protector is held off the bonnet/hood by clear rubber bumpers (not shown).

Hood Automotive lighting Light Automotive tire Automotive design

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Wood

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Grille

21 - 25 of 25 Posts