Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Eclipse Cross XLS PHEV
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just noticed the front bumper side upper garnish (the silver trim in the photo) is not fully clipped to the bumper (red in the photo). It's a 2022 Eclipse Cross XLS PHEV.

Does anybody know if I could easily remove the garnish/get it to clip in properly without damaging anything?

I've found this service manual looking around on the forum: http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/eclipse_cross/online/Service_Manual/M1/index/index.html

The manual describes the order in which parts should be removed, but I can't find any detail about how to actually remove the part (e.g. any screws, or instructions on unclipping without breaking something?).

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2022 Eclipse Cross XLS PHEV
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like there is a screw (part#11) on the upper trim (part#10).

Thanks, yes this explains why I couldn't move it at all. You saved me from breaking anything!

I still wasn't able to lift the trim off enough for the clips to reseat, so I ended up taking it to a body shop.

They sorted it in 20 minutes, but basically took the bumper off to do it. So further confirmation I wasn't going to manage it on the side of the road.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts