Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I recently brought a 68 eclipse cross and the HUD MPH is showing the wrong speed even tho it says mph it showing kph instead.
Seen on forums it's a common problem has anyone had any joy getting it fixed if so could they enlighten me please.

Thanks

·
Registered
459 Posts
No replies yet so I'll have a shot...

I've not seen nor heard of this issue here. I have checked all of the reference material I have access to and none mention the possibility of this occurring or how to fix it. All the Settings menus on our Australian EC do not have any options to set the readout of the HUD. The Mitsubishi Technical Information manual does discuss the display elements but the table does not list any method for changing any of the elements in the HUD display. The only exception is for EC's with the older MMCS and not Smart Display Audio. These vehicles have inbuilt, SD card based, navigation and you can enable display of navigation directions in the HUD from the MMCS menu in the combination meter centre display settings.

All data for vehicle speed should be coming from the sensors attached to each wheel. The only error I can find is where there is a data mismatch from the wheel speed sensors but, logically, this would also show up in the main instrument cluster speedo as well. Data for the HUD ECU comes from the ETACS ECU where all sensor data is collected and shared to other ECU's in the CAN bus.

My only suggestion would be to check with a dealer service team to see if there are any reported diagnostic codes that show up. It may point to an underlying problem with a wheel speed sensor or even a TPMS sensor module in a tyre that is playing up as they report pressure, temperature and acceleration data. Seems strange though that the display reports MPH but the actual displayed speed is in KPH and the main speedo does not display the identical speed. A faulty HUD ECU would not be out of the question either.

Lastly, checking the Service Mode menu on the Smart Display Audio screen does not show any thing that can be changed to fix the issue. On my Australian EC all options are set to AUTO and when you attempt to change/update theses settings many of the options are greyed out and unavailable. However, any change here should be reflected in the main speedo reading as well.

I take it there was no feedback from the other forums on this and any fix...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts