Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I have just bought a Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 3, T-Mivec 4WD (2018) after seeing one in a traffic jam that caught my eye!

I would love to know how to change from automatic to gear change but can't find any videos explaining this, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

And what does the T-Mivec mean? :smile_big:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi and welcome. MIVEC stands for Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control system. The T I suspect denotes the turbo charger installed on the EC's 1.5l MIVEC engine.

Manual shifting is achieved by flipping the auto select lever to the side into the manual change mode once you have moved the lever to the D position. To change up and down you simply push the selector lever forward or backward to make the gear change. Once in manual change mode the normal display of selected gear in the dash display will change from D for drive to the gear number that it selected. Be aware that the six gears it displays are faux gears as this is a CVT and there are no real gear settings in the transmission as such. If you have steering wheel paddles these work when in manual gear changer mode. Not all models have the change paddles on the steering wheel globally. Some regions of the world have manual gearboxes available in certain models.

We hope you enjoy the forums...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts