Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, i have the eclips cross 2WD 2018, that throttle latency/delay is really bothering me, some times it takes up to 1-2 secs to get the power.
I am aware this is common issue in turbo engines, but still i would expect it to react faster.
Is there any SW/HW modification can be done to improve this?
I am actually considering selling the car because of this issue, it has all this power but when you need it immediately - you cant get it.

by the way, i am not on eco mode.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi. I think your car has CVT. When i tested the car there was only CVT option for testing. After the first 100 meters i switched it to manual mode, and i saw the engine had a great throttle response. At the end i ordered manuel transmission version.

You can use manual when you need it. If that won't be enough you can install a throttle response increaser (it sounds like a stupid definition i know :) ) to the throttle pedal. It makes a great difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi this might be silly but I have a automatic USA version eclipse cross is there a a manual mode on this vehicle ? I've had my suv a month.

·
Super Moderator
217 Posts
Mitsubishi calls it "Sport Mode". It's described on Page 5-63 of the manual. Put it in drive and then slide the lever to the left.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Best you can do if you have an A/T is to keep it in Sport / Tiptronic mode, and let the engine rev to its max until it shifts itself.
Until Mitsubishi figures out how to get out from underneath Nissan, we're stuck with their shitty bottom of the barrel CVT transmissions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best you can do if you have an A/T is to keep it in Sport / Tiptronic mode, and let the engine rev to its max until it shifts itself.
Until Mitsubishi figures out how to get out from underneath Nissan, we're stuck with their shitty bottom of the barrel CVT transmissions.
Yes that's nice but the problem is it does not shift down in a way that you can actually drive like that, and handling manual shifting is not something i like.
Next time i buy a car i make sure it has good react time when you push a gas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, i have the eclips cross 2WD 2018, that throttle latency/delay is really bothering me, some times it takes up to 1-2 secs to get the power.
I am aware this is common issue in turbo engines, but still i would expect it to react faster.
Is there any SW/HW modification can be done to improve this?
I am actually considering selling the car because of this issue, it has all this power but when you need it immediately - you cant get it.

by the way, i am not on eco mode.
I have the same problem, went for my first service, spoke to the service team to look into the throttle response.
On picking the vehicle up i was told they had checked everything out and could not find any faults.
I emailed Mitsubishi about the problem,they referred me back to the dealer.
I think they no about this problem as i read several right ups complaining about the throttle response.
Mitsubishi just not interested in solving this problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There's nothing wrong with the vehicle throttle response.... i realise that many owners aren't familiar with their vehicle simple because they have not read the user manual throughout or they are use to driving another style vehicle.
Most of the drawn out lastic band feel from a cvt is not from the actual metal band stretching as discribe by many so-called engineer ...however its the torque converter not locking up aggressively, mainly to protect n extend the life of a cvt ... however the sport feature/ paddle shifters or shift stick is to be use to lock the torque converter when moving from a dead stop...so let say Yoyo needs to move off faster off the line, the very fact that you press the gas hard will cause even more of a delay, because the ecu software are program to counter such an action... this is a early safety measure to protect tranny as well as avoid garage parking incidents of accidental gas pedal use.. Instead, a gradual pressure increase should be apply when in normal mode... but otherwise in sport mode, torque will lock and a faster aggressive take off will be achieved...
My advice if theres a need to take off fast, select sport mode, which will read gear 1 at dead stop, drive off and after reaching your accelerating momentum, switch back shift to regular "D" , in so doing you will not have to content with the correct timing change of gears...
Other info when driving mitsubishi is that the Ecu has up to 6 different maps which it alternate base on driving style.
Hence if you're and aggressive driver, after realizing your driving style vehicle will adapt map that fits...this selected map stays until vehicle comes to a stand still for more than a 30 seconds. But once stop for longer it revert to sluggish default map in an effort to save fuel n minimize wear n tear.
If we as user understand this and practice this style of driving we will be getting more out of the vehicle....
If your driving is moving foot from gas to brake, gas to brake... your just not driving economically....
Practice using sport mode to get use to timing change as this feature if understood would be very effective, in a get away situation or race..
......... . Sorry for lenghtly ✍ .....

·
Registered
34 Posts
No disrespect, but what your saying is crap... theres no way she can be driving around like this... you need to stop cry about not getting your sport race car...the cvt in this vehicle is more than capable to handle the power of this engine.
If you dislike the vehicle thats your rights but don't misinform

1 - 9 of 9 Posts