Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
K&N website lists two filters for the EC.

I asked why and here is their reply.

I wasn't aware that the EC was made in China?

Thank you for contacting K&N Engineering. The one that reads China is for the 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross manufactured in China, it appears it has a different stock intake system than the one that reads for all models.

Regards,

K&N Customer Service & Tech Support
[email protected]
http://www.knfilters.com
Phone: (800) 858-3333

·
Registered
30 Posts
As the EC should breathe a bit better, you may see a slight change in throttle response. I wouldn't expect any large improvements to fuel economy or overall performance however.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought one as I got a good deal, it's a lot thinner than the original paper one.

There is better throttle response and it sounds a bit throaty.

Haven't checked economy yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
K&N filters don't actually filter very well and let fine particles into your engine.

not worth the extra noise and potential 1 or 2hp increase. over oiling them can foul your MAF sensor, too.

i use a dry drop-in filter on my car - not sure if any are available for the EC, though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
K&N filters don't actually filter very well and let fine particles into your engine.

not worth the extra noise and potential 1 or 2hp increase. over oiling them can foul your MAF sensor, too.

i use a dry drop-in filter on my car - not sure if any are available for the EC, though.
Both MAP n MAF are easy to clean, not an issue for me.
I want every 1hp increase I can get :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Landshark is correct. K&N air filters don't filter very well at all. Here is a video that shows their inadequacy.
I used to run one on a 76 Datsun 280z. It was a cold air intake with a cone filter by K&N. I would have been better off zip tying a sock over the intake tube. A lot of dirt got past it and I was very careful to oil it properly.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That fine particles ...barely hve an effect on engine... using wrong fuel or running bad spark plug can cause same built up...most of what pass through is easy burnt n pass through engine...
We are talking about a performance part here so if noise and fine particles an issue obvious you didn't want to improve vehicle proformance in a sporty manner

·
Registered
76 Posts
that's a fair response actually. I see many cars at the track run open turbos! But noone talks about sand slowly dulling and chipping at the edge of the impeller or whatever its called.
I have a fairly used td05 on my shelf and even though the shaft wobbles, the blades or vanes (terminology sorry I'm rusty) look fine.
Maybe its not an issue. I still run filters on my two stroke dirtbike but I like unipods over k&n

1 - 9 of 9 Posts