Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know the led types for all interior lights?
Also, how many pieces of every type do we need for the replacement of the old lights?

- map lights
- track/cargo
- licence plate

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
Do you know the led types for all interior lights?
Also, how many pieces of every type do we need for the replacement of the old lights?

- map lights
- track/cargo
- licence plate
Bulb types and locations are listed in Chapter 9 of the owners manual. First pic is from the Workshop Manual and the last two pics are from the US Owners manual. I've seen LED bulb replacements packages listed on AliExpress. This one even has the pic as listed in your post:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000293616620.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.d2e84005bby7cG&algo_pvid=cad946ac-ee39-450f-8b6a-c30049f13f0a&algo_expid=cad946ac-ee39-450f-8b6a-c30049f13f0a-4&btsid=2ddbc6b2-bc9f-4d6b-ac15-bdf45650ebfc&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_8,searchweb201603_53

Hope this helps...

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
PS. I don't know how the LED replacements for the cabin lights will work with the cabin light dimming function when you have entered the car but not started the engine. In my experience LED's can tend to flicker rather than dim in this situation if they haven't been designed to work with reduced voltages. Worth checking once you get some installed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for the reply!
But, the attachments write the specs of the lamps but not the type of them... for example T10

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After installing these leds from aliexpress, do you have the issue (flicker) that you described before?

·
Registered
332 Posts
After installing these leds from aliexpress, do you have the issue (flicker) that you described before?
Long time coming from China but I have installed the LED replacements for the map lamps, interior dome light and rear license plate lamps. The map lights went in without issue and worked first time with no flicker. The interior dome light went in and when I turned it on with the switch first time it did a slow blink but I reassembled everything and turned it back too the door switch activation settings. License plate lamps, went in without an issue.

Once I started then car and checked the lamps all were functioning without issue and the interior dome lamp also stopped its slow blink. All are working fine now so well worth the expense and the long wait. AU$17 for the five LED replacements. See the link above for the items I purchased. It didn't include a lamp for the cargo area but that's no big. I can order it separately if needed.

The map and dome lamp did not flicker as they were dimmed after entering the car and closing the door or when starting the car. This points to good quality LED units in the lamp.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thank you very much for the reply!
But, the attachments write the specs of the lamps but not the type of them... for example T10
The interior dome light is festoon (double ended)
Cargo (5W), map (10W) lamps are T20 push (wedge) type
License plate lamps (5W) are W5W T20 push (wedge) type
Font turn is PY21W bayonet connector
Rear turn is WY21W T20 push (wedge) type
Backup is W16W T20 push (wedge) style
Front fog is H8

All other lights are LED package only dealer replaceable unless you have the EC with halogen (HIR2) head lamps (55W).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts