Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the settings page on the radio, there is one for keeping the lights on a delay after you stop the engine. Anyone get this to work??

My lights turn off right away as soon as I turn off the ignition. Seems like this setting is not working as designed.

·
Super Moderator
445 Posts
I think you may be right. I just checked my settings and the car and the app both say lights should stay on for 15 seconds when exiting the vehicle, but mine are off as soon as i turn off the engine as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Νομίζω εάν τραβήξεις τον διακόπτη των μεγάλων φώτων προς το τιμόνι μία φορά θα λειτουργεί.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On the settings page on the radio, there is one for keeping the lights on a delay after you stop the engine. Anyone get this to work??

My lights turn off right away as soon as I turn off the ignition. Seems like this setting is not working as designed.
Your setting is ok , you can choose how long the lights must be on after you turn off the ignition. But to activate this you have to use the handle for the head lights, one click

·
Super Moderator
445 Posts
I think he means pull back on the turn signal stalk to flash the lights.

·
Registered
126 Posts

So if you turn off engine n turn on headlight doesn't that work? I know headlights will go off withing 30 sec.
Also activation of this feature in etacs ...you can turn on light by key fob ... not sure whats its call but I think its "welcoming light" so on approaching vehicle in dark i can press key fob and lights turn on etc..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So if you turn off engine n turn on headlight doesn't that work? I know headlights will go off withing 30 sec.
Also activation of this feature in etacs ...you can turn on light by key fob ... not sure whats its call but I think its "welcoming light" so on approaching vehicle in dark i can press key fob and lights turn on etc..
I wish it did. The head unit offers up to 3 minutes to have the light stay on. But when I turn the engine off. The headlights turn off immediately. No delay!! I guess I need to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I wish it did. The head unit offers up to 3 minutes to have the light stay on. But when I turn the engine off. The headlights turn off immediately. No delay!! I guess I need to go to the dealer.
Its just your feature settings in etacs ecu, please have in mind that the dealer most cases doesn't have a clue or interested to know of these features.
Tell them to look for these features in etacs
.....comfort light
.....welcoming light

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is this setting talking about the interior light? rather than the headlights?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is this setting talking about the interior light? rather than the headlights?
Headlights. Not the interior. There is one for that as well.

As I suspected the dealer had no clue and said I need to change it to on status and it will kick off after a minute or so.

I'm going to call Mitsubishi customer service today.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The "Coming Home" feature is listed starting on page 5-193 of the US owners manual. It is not an automatic setting and must be initiated manually as listed (see attached pics):

My other vehicle, a pickup/ute, has this function run automatically (called Follow Me for some reason) every time you switch off the ignition but I turn it off as its not relevant for our usage.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The "Coming Home" feature is listed starting on page 5-193 of the US owners manual. It is not an automatic setting and must be initiated manually as listed (see attached pics):

View attachment 1208 View attachment 1209

My other vehicle, a pickup/ute, has this function run automatically (called Follow Me for some reason) every time you switch off the ignition but I turn it off as its not relevant for our usage.
This is the dumbest thing I have seen. Every other car I've had with auto headlights have a feature where the lights stay on.

What a joke.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.