Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. New memberhere. Just bought the EC and am currently in the dreaded process of waiting for it to arrive. (Only 3 months to go).

Was wondering if anyone here has lowered theirs at all.

Possibly just tossing up whether to get some low profile tyres which would bring it down about an inch and a half but not really close the gap between body and tyre. Or just get some dope coilovers and Yolo.

Any suggestions welcome but ideally not wanting to spend toooo much.

Thanks.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and hope you enjoy your new Eclipse Cross when it arrives.
Re lowering, my view is, though I'm ancient, is to leave well alone and enjoy the car as it is intended to be.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You cannot lower a EC as it will effect the FCM (forward collision mitigation), ACC (active cruise control), RCTA (rear cross traffic alert) amongst other systems.

In VIC a vehicle that has been modified in a way that will effect these systems is now unroadworthy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You cannot lower a EC as it will effect the FCM (forward collision mitigation), ACC (active cruise control), RCTA (rear cross traffic alert) amongst other systems.

In VIC a vehicle that has been modified in a way that will effect these systems is now unroadworthy

Oh god I'm glad I asked. I didn't even consider those systems. I got the LS so I don't have ACC or RCTA but yeah would probably affect the FCM.

Maybe I'll just go withthe low profile wheels 😂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts