Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone experienced the same problems I have with a manual gearbox?
I brought my Eclipse Cross 4 at 9 months old with 3900 miles on the clock, when selecting 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 2nd gear it would sometimes crunch into gear even with the clutch pedal fully depressed.
I complained to the dealer who agreed the gearbox had a problem, so the car went in for a gearbox replacement.
I was given another Eclipse Cross 4 to use which had a similar problem though not as dramatic.
My gearbox was replaced with a new gearbox from Mitsubishi, now sometimes it takes all your strength to select 2nd gear although it no longer crunches into gear.
I have Mitsubishi Technical now interested in testing the car as I feel there is an underlying design defect with these gearboxes.....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not having any problem as such, though second gear can be a little reluctant to engage when the car is started from cold, but once warmed up is quite acceptable.
Second gear cannot be hurried, but otherwise find the gearbox selection very good. I'm not a fan of automatics and like to control the gear selection, thus having a manual box.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts