Eclipse Cross Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
No Kevg, but used to be in the Commercial Vehicle world and in due course managed Truck Dealerships. Way back in time, I served an apprenticeship with Albion Motors Ltd., Glasgow, who used to build trucks and buses, 60% of the production at one time, were exported all over the world. How times have changed.
Unfortunately Albion were swallowed up by Leyland, and latterly became part of the British Leyland disaster. The last trucks and buses bearing the name Albion, were made in the late 1970s and just into the early 1980s.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m more military oriented with having worked on just about everything from generators up to challenger ! But since leaving have worked in various dealerships and have an insight into how the manufacturer treats the dealership and hence the customers.
Thought you knew too much lol
But your input on the site has I think been appreciated by a lot of people

·
Registered
246 Posts
Fortunately the dealership I use, seems to listen to the customer, and try at least to respond to any issues raised. So far I have found them to be okay. I'm now on my second Mitsubishi, having part exchanged my 1.6 diesel ASX for the Eclipse Cross Petrol engine car.. The ASX has more or less the same 6speed gearbox as the Eclipse Cross, the gearbox was a delight to drive. I would say that second gear selection can take its time even at its best, but having said that, it should be perfectly acceptable, as I find mine. It is not an issue I would complain about. That is the characteristic that is known to exist, what could be described a slowish selection, but not of a heavy resistance or the crunching of gears.
Here's hoping you get a proper response on Monday and they take your complain on fully on board.
If not do not hesitate to contact Mitsubishi UK directly and register your dissatisfaction and seek their assistance in resolving the issue.
Fingers crossed for a good result.
Off out now to the garden to do some leaf clearing, as the sun is out here and looking nice outside.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes I’ve been told by my dealership that the asx is miles worse than the eclipse?
but I’ll see what tomorrow brings
Enjoy the sunshine and leaf clearing

·
Registered
246 Posts
Back in from the garden, with leaf clearing all done.
If I was to choose, I would say coupled to the diesel engine the gear change was, until the Eclipse Cross had its service in May, the ASX gear change was marginally better than the Eclipse Cross. It had a slightly heavier feel to it, and satisfying mesh feeling action to it, when changing gear.(maybe thinking of the old Albion constant mesh gearboxes) This is possibly down to the diesel engine causing that different feel. Don't accept it was worse than the Eclipse Cross at all, at least not in my experience anyway. Others may have had a different experience. When I was thinking of changing from diesel back to petrol, the one thing that led me to the Eclipse Cross, was the fact it had the 6speed gearbox, which the ASX petrol did not have, sticking to a 5speed unit. Having enjoyed the 6 speed in the ASX, I wanted to keep that feature, hence the petrol Eclipse Cross. Had the ASX offered a 6 speed gearbox at the time with the petrol engine, it is possible I may have stuck with that model.
I think the new ASX now has a naturally aspirated 2 Ltr petrol engine, with a 6 speed gearbox, but does not give the same performance as that of the Eclipse Cross.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Everything about the eclipse works for us !
hence we are trying everything to get it to a place we are happy to keep it but if not it could be a short time before we get rid at quite a big loss !
glad you got the leaves done
I’ve just finished taking a bed to my daughters and making some room for an American fridge freezer she’s getting from us

·
Registered
426 Posts
What makes a fridge/freezer "American"? Large enough to hold a body? :eek: ;)
My son lived with his English wife in Kent in southern England and they had an American fridge. Because of the climate the need for a large fridge was never an issue in the past but now more large fridges are being bought and they refer to them as American fridges because of the large size (what we called a bar fridge was the order of the day). I though it odd the first time I heard it there. We have a two door fridge with ice maker and chilled water here but it is not seen as an oddity. A chest freezer - now there is a good place to store a body...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Registered
joejoe
Joined 2 mo ago
2 Posts
#7 1 mo ago
hello,
there was a recall campaign for the clutch in germany in november 2019,
I got a new clutch on guarantee
is only for manual clutch eclipse cross produktion date 2017 -2019
there is a throttle software update and a new pressure plate
(official return paper from mitsubishi for manual clutch with problems)

Hi Kevg,
Here above is the post regarding the new clutch fitted in Germany, if it is of any help.
Found it under New Member Introductions. Clutch Problem . A new member posted there
Instead of the usual section and found it there today. The old grey brain cells had forgotten it was in that section I saw it.

Reactions: Lunatic59

·
Registered
24 Posts
That’s absolutely fabulous
Been in touch with customer services who weren’t much help but after wording it that if the dealership are telling me the car isn’t for me and they’ve done as much as they can!!!
it’s his job to sort it thing’s sorted he sort of woke up a bit ! Joys of home working I suppose?
So on the next conversation I’ll have ammunition already been asked where I found out about the upgrade and rewrite ?
just told him I’d been in touch with some helpful owners

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sorry to say your Dealer does not sound up to the job and needs a rocket placed in the right place.
I would now let Mitsubishi know what is going on at this dealership, and therefore causing serious customer dissatisfaction with their product.
The sooner this is done the better Kevg.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Are you at war Kevg or has sense prevailed.😀

·
Registered
24 Posts
At present running up a 600hp engine that could once put back in place in a vehicle I could wage war without even leaving my location and they’d never hear it coming lol
Training day yesterday so no contact and no one has been in touch today so will give them a ring shortly and see ?
The vehicle could be ready to go tomorrow do you think I should inform them lol 😂

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any chance I can get contact details for any dealership who has carried out either the throttle rewrite or g/box upgrade as even customer service is saying there is nothing wrong ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Up date there is a problem with the stalling which has just come out to dealerships yesterday!!! Haha
But now the dealership are saying they didn’t find a fault with my car ? So will not be going there again
So if anyone has contact details for a dealership that has carried out the throttle rewrite and the gearbox upgrade could you please let me know

21 - 40 of 44 Posts