Eclipse Cross Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi Kevg, Where abouts' in GB are you. My dealer is in Linwood, near Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland. Maybe a bit far away from you though.
In the past few days I have been paying more attention on how the second gear behaves when selecting it up or down. It is performing really well and when out this morning
it was slipping into gear now with no resistance whatsoever, even from cold. It was also down to 3*C overnight here.
So be assured, that there should be no question of having any difficulty in selecting this gear. My car is an Eclipse Cross 3, 2x4, front wheel drive only, and can honestly say there is absolutely no problem with the gear change action. Since the service in May this year, second gear action is perfect.. My cars mileage is just over 18000 miles, so is now well run in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m in Newcastle so no chance of me getting to Paisley I’d get stopped at the border !!

have you had the gearbox upgrade or just the throttle rewrite ?

glad that yours isn’t having any dramas with gears
Mine has 16000 and I’ve done about 4500 driving in that total

·
Registered
246 Posts
To my knowledge no gearbox upgrade as such has occurred. I only mentioned to the dealer reception when in for the annual service, that sometimes I found the second gear a bit difficult to engage when the engine was started up from cold; but once warm it was okay, though still a bit notchy to engage. They said they would look at the gear selection cables and see if anything needed to be adjusted or lubricated. Since then and on getting the car back, there was a notable improvement in this gears selection and as time has gone on; it has improved further. Today for example, when driving through Greenock, I had to go from 5th straight to second gear, which it did with absolutely ease and with no resistance whatsoever. Just slip in as normal as you like.
During the Service and also after mentioning the easy stall problem, which they seemed to know of, the Throttle Software rewrite was applied, and it has totally cured that problem.
During the service obviously they did some small adjustment somewhere, but say other than checking over the gear selection linkage and lubricating it, nothing else was done in that area.
With regard to your car, I still believe that first of all the clutch hydraulics should be bled through, to ensure there is absolutely no air in the system, and then take things from there. Someone on here had that done, and it seemed to cure his problem, with the clutch action now operating as it should.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks a gain for your insight into the problem I will be going to another dealership with the problem to see what can be done once I’ve finished doing my bit with the army reserve
Many thanks so far and of course I will post what was done and the out come

41 - 44 of 44 Posts