Eclipse Cross Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
<-----------
On another note, I just realized colors in that video thumbnail are the reverse of what's in my avy :)
Only that the red FE is Rally Red with no pearl, and the Cross' is Diamond Red with pearl. Anyway, details.

To feed my soapbox, wouldn't have it been hilarious if they used an MR and compared the SST with the Jatco CVT?

·
Registered
58 Posts
They had s similar video with the original cross as well, but it was a white Evo and in snow.

Pretty cool though thanks for posting.
Lots of understeer at that right hand turn at 1:27.

BTW.. Shouldn't we come up with some nickname for these two designs by now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here's another one.

I find it funny (and ironically sad) that MMC Engineers still use the Evo X when doing showcases for new products and features - as if the Evo X is still their benchmark. Because in reality, there is nothing that they produce these days that serves as a halo - - - the pinnacle product / platform - - - to showcase what the brand stands for.

And from a marketing perspective, this just looks so bad. It's like saying, "Here's an AMD Radeon 6900XT, and let's compare it to the Radeon 280x, which we came up with back in 2008! Or, here's our new Ryzen 5000 series processor... And it trumps the Athlon of 2008 by about 5000%. (made up number). Never mind that it beats an Intel blow-by-blow in terms of Price and capability.

What's even sadder, is that in terms of performance, the Cross really doesn't beat out the X in terms of new (or newer) features. One might say the S-AWC in the Outlander PHEV could have revolutionized torque vectoring and catapulted Mitsubishi back to its former status of being a respected automobile manufacturer. But why wasn't it groundbreaking and well-recognized (except for maybe in the UK, where they're pulling out) ? Just totally wrong platform.

now, Hyundai... HYUNDAI!!! Tops MMC in terms of product offering and marketing portfolio. And their Veloster N is but a shadow of what the Ralliart Lancer was. Only in a 2-door. And yet it's not their halo car.

It's so sad, it's angering. It would be a different story if MMC still cared about innovating instead of just surviving. Because they could do certain things differently and still make waves. Look at the other collaborations our there and how they're thriving. It's just the same old story - bad management, and lack of vision. This is where Ghosn was good for Renault and Nissan. But, he's gone now. It's like Mitsubishi has had a Tim Cook for quite sometime now. What they need is a Soichiro Honda. Or, heck - give Dr. Evo a run at upper management!

I really hope they find success somehow with the Cross PHEV. To the end that the future product portfolio at MMC will have a chance at talking a healthy share of the market again. But I'm skeptical. Because, banking on the past workout vision and innovative thinking... We know where that's headed.

There's the word "innovative" sprinkled across several of MMC's most famous tech. Would love to return to that proud tradition, and not this sad one on display today.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts