Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Where can I get Mitsubishi diagnostic tools. Which reads brake codes, engine codes and can erase them?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
459 Posts
The suggestions from @DibbyDibbyDJ are more those used by mechanics and the like and cost from several hundred to thousands of dollars. If you just want a basic OBD tool then check eBay for one that more suits your needs. They can be had for under $50 depending on how technical you want to get. There are also Bluetooth modules that plug into the OBD port and use a smartphone app to read the codes and do resets etc. Your mileage may vary but for the average end users, just wanting to read codes and do the odd reset, Snap On and Launch are overkill IMHO.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Agreed with zarbs. I have a cheapo, multiple years old OBDII that i got from ebay for like$25 usd. I use that on all my cars to read and clear codes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The suggestions from @DibbyDibbyDJ are more those used by mechanics and the like and cost from several hundred to thousands of dollars. If you just want a basic OBD tool then check eBay for one that more suits your needs. They can be had for under $50 depending on how technical you want to get. There are also Bluetooth modules that plug into the OBD port and use a smartphone app to read the codes and do resets etc. Your mileage may vary but for the average end users, just wanting to read codes and do the odd reset, Snap On and Launch are overkill IMHO.
Can you please recommend or link me to one where I will be able to use my phone to read and reset. Abs, parking brake, c.e.l

Thanks

·
Registered
459 Posts
This example is on the Australian eBay site but just search for ELM 327 or OBD2 bluetooth and they will pop up in volume. This example is only AU$11.88 but drop ships from China:

For the smartphone app just search your App Store for ELM 327 or ELM327 and you will get a list of apps that can read these Bluetooth OBD scanners. Some are free and some have in-app purchases. Cheers...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts