Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine sent me this YouTube video by TheSketchMonkey who re-designs cars on his channel. I gotta say, after watching his video I really like the subtle changes that he made to the wheels and how he smoothed out the back of the Eclipse Cross.

How does everyone else feel about his version of the Eclipse Cross?

·
Registered
100 Posts
IMO, Blah. The back just needs to be a bit longer anyway you look at it. The space is already too small. As for the wheels, the photo he used is of the base model. I have the 18" wheels and they do align as he is doing in his redesign.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm good with how the rear end is bulged. It made the vehicle looked muscular. But yeah, a little more space inside. PLEASE!
I'm not that tall, so I can move ALL the seats a little more forward just to have a few more inch in the trunk. But still not enough room if I'm going to pack for my family of 4.

On the other hand, the TIRES though... 😈
Anyone thought of using a 'spacer'?
I'm thinking... aside from making it look better on front and back angle, MAYBE, it will also help with the body roll problem?
Experts please enlighten a newbie here.🤤

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMO, Blah. The back just needs to be a bit longer anyway you look at it. The space is already too small. As for the wheels, the photo he used is of the base model. I have the 18" wheels and they do align as he is doing in his redesign.
When you space is already too small, are you referring to the back end or the interior in general?

·
Registered
430 Posts
The space in the back could use another 6-8"/15-20cm.
Agreed. The cabin is great but I am continually finding that, to get enough boot space, I am sliding the rear seats fully forward. So now, my rear seats are always fully forward and the cargo blind is on the front position and I only move the seats back when I need to put extra people in. Pity really...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Agreed. The cabin is great but I am continually finding that, to get enough boot space, I am sliding the rear seats fully forward. So now, my rear seats are always fully forward and the cargo blind is on the front position and I only move the seats back when I need to put extra people in. Pity really...
I would love to do this but my son has to sit back there. I understand its a crossover, but maybe it should be classified as a mini-crossover.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just out of curiosity, how much stuff do you usually carry in the back of your Eclipse Cross to move the back seats forward?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Luggage, skiing equipment, groceries, laminated flooring.....(I cant remember all the reasons). I have only traveled 10,000km so far and have had to move the rear seats forward or lay them down more times than I can remember. The back is just not large enough. My previous Kia Cee'd SW had a ton more room. So now I have purchased a roof box for when we travel anywhere or I wont have the room to have passengers. 4 people plus luggage for a week in the mountains does not fit without the roof box.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Might be time for an Outlander. Always hearing great things about them and they continue to sell well even with fierce competition. Have you checked them out yet?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how much stuff do you usually carry in the back of your Eclipse Cross to move the back seats forward?
Quite regularly I carry stuff from the hardware store and if its large I take my trailer as well (EC has a towbar fitted). Our front gate is 500m from the house and I take the garbage out to the bins at the street in the car. Recycling is kept in a large box in the garage at the house which won't fit without moving the seats forward. This is a weekly occurrence. Even shopping bags sometimes need more space. We live 20km out of the main town which means we can't just pop down the street to get milk and bread. So a trip to town sees us stocking up till the next trip in so it can be quite bulky as well. After the Pajero, which itself was quite limited in cargo space without the seats down, the EC feels tiny in comparison but it wasn't the main driver of my choice so I can live with the lesser space. It's drivability and comfort over rear space. As noted I have a trailer for big stuff and the EC pulls well with it attached so no big extra cost in fuel...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Quite regularly I carry stuff from the hardware store and if its large I take my trailer as well (EC has a towbar fitted).
Same here. But parking becomes an issue when its not to the DIY store.
Even shopping bags sometimes need more space. We live 20km out of the main town which means we can't just pop down the street to get milk and bread. So a trip to town sees us stocking up till the next trip in so it can be quite bulky as well.
We live much closer, but I like to keep shopping trips to a minimum so we do the same. We have both sizes of IKEA blue bags for shopping. They just fit length wise but can only fit 4 side by side. This usually is enough but add some soda and/or milk and now the seat has to get folded down.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quite regularly I carry stuff from the hardware store and if its large I take my trailer as well (EC has a towbar fitted). Our front gate is 500m from the house and I take the garbage out to the bins at the street in the car. Recycling is kept in a large box in the garage at the house which won't fit without moving the seats forward. This is a weekly occurrence. Even shopping bags sometimes need more space. We live 20km out of the main town which means we can't just pop down the street to get milk and bread. So a trip to town sees us stocking up till the next trip in so it can be quite bulky as well. After the Pajero, which itself was quite limited in cargo space without the seats down, the EC feels tiny in comparison but it wasn't the main driver of my choice so I can live with the lesser space. It's drivability and comfort over rear space. As noted I have a trailer for big stuff and the EC pulls well with it attached so no big extra cost in fuel...
Luggage, skiing equipment, groceries, laminated flooring.....(I cant remember all the reasons). I have only traveled 10,000km so far and have had to move the rear seats forward or lay them down more times than I can remember. The back is just not large enough. My previous Kia Cee'd SW had a ton more room. So now I have purchased a roof box for when we travel anywhere or I wont have the room to have passengers. 4 people plus luggage for a week in the mountains does not fit without the roof box.
This is great feedback guys thanks for sharing, I really appreciate it. I wonder if Mitsu takes this into consideration if/when they decide to redesign the Eclipse Cross. Also, I'm pleasantly surprised the EC can handle itself when towing a trailer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts