Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have owned our 2020 Eclipse less than a month here in the USA.. The article implies that Mitsubishi may be pulling out of the USA. If that occurs I expect we will be screwed on our warranty and the extended warranties we purchased.We found this article earlier today. Needless to say we are concerned and upset. Anyone else heard about this?

I Think Mitsubishi's About To Break Up With Us

I Think Mitsubishi's About To Break Up With Us

·
Super Moderator
271 Posts
Even if they do decide to pull out of the U.S. market, it won't be overnight. It would take several years and as part of the Mitsubishi-Renault-Nissan group, i would expect Nissan service centers to perform warranty work for the full term.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so. We are elderly and just disheartened to have to deal with this right out of "the new purchase gate". So far, we love our Eclipse and hate to have anything spoil our new car enjoyment. lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
This has been an ongoing discussion for well over a year. When Suzuki stopped making US cars they finished up thier warranties as is the standard. But never a guarantee.

·
Super Moderator
271 Posts
Pontiac and Saturn both went belly up in the 2009 recession. Those warranties were honored as best as possible. I've been driving Mitsubishi's for the last 25 years and never needed the warranty beyond a few recalls. I'm not worrying about it and neither should you. (define "elderly" ... i'm 61.)

·
Registered
459 Posts
No such rumours here in Australia. GM on the other hand owned there Holden brand here (GMH) and recently shui it down screwing the dealer network in the process. Now they have phoenixed the GM offerings into a new entity importing vehicles from the USA and shutting out the existing GMH dealer network. That's something to be worried about here...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts