Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was in a accident and the other car smashed into my front driver side door and maybe front driver tire too, when i drive the tread light will come on and wont let me go any faster then the tread light will go off. I dont know anything about vehicles really so i dont know whats wrong. Also i would like yo know how much the damage will cost. The drivers front door doesn't line up nor close right and the front driver tire looks like its tilted.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I'd say that, to properly fix that door, best option is for the body shop to buy a driver's side front door off a junk yard. I'm sure there are Pick-A-Parts close to you that might have a Cross or two. If you're lucky, there may be one in the same Diamond Red as yours - save you the cost of paint. I see some going as low as $800, sans the cost of shipping (which would be astronomical)

The rear door, they can probably fix that through body work. I honestly couldn't tell you how much the repair on the body work will cost. Can only guess.
Basically, for just the door and paint work without insurance, I'd expect upwards of $3000, easy. Unless you can find a part that's local and in your same body color. And that's looking on the cheap side.

As for the front tire, do you feel a wobble when you drive? Is the tire retaining air pressure? If it does wobble, then you may have to get an alignment check ($70-120 depending on where you go, and where you live). If you do feel a wobble, or your tire isn't retaining air pressure, then you may have bigger issues that might require a mechanic to have a look underneath the vehicle to see if anything's bent or damaged out of shape.

As I'd mentioned about the cost, it really depends on where you go, or who does it. For instance, if you lived in Houston or Dallas, you might find lots of competition between body shops who would offer Maaco-level pricing, for really good work. If you're in Omaha, NE - I'd venture a guess that it's not the same. Worse if you lived in NY or CA.

Best recommendation is to have your insurance have it appraised. Saves you the hassle of having to do this all by yourself. If you don't have C&C, then that just sucks - you'll have to just take it to a shop and have them do an assessment of costs.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont feel it wobble and it does hold air. Would you know why the tread light comes on and wont let me go any faster while on then goes off??

·
Registered
188 Posts
When you say "tread light" are you talking about the tire pressure light? I'd like to understand what you mean.

Not sure, really. And when you say, "won't let me go any faster while on", do you mean it feels like the car is retarding acceleration?
This is completely bizarre. I've never heard of such a thing, but if you could give more context that might help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe its not called the tread light???? Its the light of a car then swerving lines under it. And yes the car retarding acceleration

·
Registered
78 Posts
Probably a wheel sensor is not happy, your wheel was hit and metal suspension parts are probably bent alittle. I would be calling insurance

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's traction control, and as Mountiansofbeer said it's more than likely due to your speed sensor on your front wheel. Honestly the way your wheel looks, I would say it's not safe to drive as your front suspension is tweaked way out, and bending the metal enough to do that can weaken it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
What they said (thanks guys).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.