Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I purchased my bronze ES Monday May 7th. I really like the way it drives and how comfortable the seats are. I also like the fact that you do not have to rev the engine that high to get moving. I drove off the lot the first day and merged onto the highway and didn't even realize I was already going 75 haha!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats on the new Eclipse! You know what they say about good cars making us bad drivers. When a car is so smooth and powerful, you can't help but speed a bit. :D
Any mod plans for your ride?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car! I believe for whatever reason that the ES trim actually gets better fuel economy than the higher levels. Glad to hear that the CVT has plenty of pep. Mitsubishi knew what they were doing when they put a turbo in here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@SolarEclipse, You are so right about that, I'm finding it hard to keep it under 75 because it feels much slower than that haha! As for mods I'm hoping in the near future an ECU flash becomes available like VW and Audi have which is called REVO. I will be the first in line. Also a CAI is a must. @Aleksander, you are right as well. Not only does it have less weight without the AWD, the fuel tank is actually a little bigger. I don't need AWD anyway here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi rbtech. If you find or hear of any ECU flash or CAI being available it would be greatly appreciated if you can alert everyone! I found that I have a REVO dealer here in my metro area so I'll also pop in and see what they might have to say about Mitsu Eclipse tuning parts.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Cold Air Intakes rarely give any meaningful increase in power.

How they should be used as part of a larger strategy you have; CAI + Tune + Exhaust, and so on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Spacebison I used to put those kn filters in all of my cars and to be honest, I never saw any real gain except for the fact they are reusable. Didn't notice any power gain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts