Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It only took 7 weeks (4 weeks for delivery only to find the logo plates didn't make it into the box, 4 days to explain to the seller that they truly were not there, which s/he gave no issues and sent them after a couple days and then 2 weeks to get them) but they are finally going on this weekend. Hoping for no more surprises.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Correction, it was 10 weeks

Feb. 23 Ordered
Apr. 9 Arrived (Opened same day and reported to seller of missing parts)
Apr. 10 Seller states: OK, please rest assured, I will send you as soon as possible!
Apr. 16 No update. Ask seller for tracking number. Seller hasnt sent it yet.
Apr. 17 Seller sends
May 3 Arrives.

Everything I order from china arrives within 4 weeks max. This was the worse sale ever.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not a fan but to each their own. Maybe over time or seeing them in person I'll like them.

Do you find that photos don't do them justice?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I had proper lighting and not using a phone to take the photos, they would look much better. The only part so far that I am not liking is the limited tape they used on very rear piece. I think I will have to add some of my own.
As for being a fan, im not a big fan either but the height of the EC really allows a lot more scrapes across the sills. Specially my 10 year old. His door already had 3 very noticeable scratches. So for me its more about protection and not about looks though they do look good. They come in different colors, I chose the black to keep with the black on white theme. I however will have some red soon on the body. Those photos will come as soon as I can find 1/16" red pinstripe.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The only part so far that I am not liking is the limited tape they used on very rear piece. I think I will have to add some of my own.
Agreed. I fitted the chrome version of the tailgate strip and found that I had to add extra tape to the rounded ends of the item to ensure a good connection. All good now though. I've ordered the same style sill plates but in stainless steel and red background highlights. No rear bumper protection in my kit as I've already installed those. Mine shipped China Post after one day and should be here in around 7-10 days. That's how long things are taking for other AliExpress items so far using that shipping method. Best thing is I simply input the China Post tracking number into my Australia Post web login and can track them through there with ease. No hassles trying to translate the Chinese web sites...

·
Registered
195 Posts
3M is great for that tape. Most reputable brands that make parts like this supply 3M adhesive and from my experience it lasts a lifetime!

·
Registered
365 Posts
3M is great for that tape. Most reputable brands that make parts like this supply 3M adhesive and from my experience it lasts a lifetime!
Agree plus I always use the 3M 94 Primer on my installs. Makes the bond as strong as possible. Not good if you think you'll ever want to remove something. Some of the add-ons I have had from China recently even came with a sachet of Adhesion Promoter which was a pad soaked in 94 Primer. They will be kept for later. They aren't as targeted as the bottle stuff which comes with a nail polish type brush for application. That allows for a more controlled application in the area of the 3M adhesive. I also have a roll of the 3M tape to fill any gaps etc. For the past five Mitsi's I've never had a stick on accessory ever come loose or fall off...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts