Eclipse Cross Forum banner

Newbie from CA

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ECTT 
#1 ·
Longtime Mitsubishi owner, first time eclipse cross owner.

Picked up a 2022 SE back towards the end of July to retire my daily driver ES Sportback Lancer.

Hoping to see some more owners from socal!

See less See more
#3 ·
My wife had a sportback Lancer. That was a fun little car, but she wanted something with AWD for the Pennsylvania winters. I couldn't convince her to go with the Eclipse Cross, but now that I have mine, I think she regrets not getting one, too. I have a brother in SoCal, does that count? ;)

#4 ·
LOL that does count in a way.

I'll be honest I dont see a lot of EC's here even after the launch. The most I saw was when I would go to MMC HQ in Cypress before they moved to TN.

Didnt also see a lot of Sportback Lancers here, and I had mine for a good part over 9 years.

#5 ·
We had the sportback for 7 years. And I think I remember seeing 3 or four on the road during that whole time. I will see an occasional Eclipse Cross in the wild, but it's mostly Outlanders and Outlander Sports (known as the ASX in other parts of the world) around here. I actually prefer to be in a lesser known vehicle.

#6 ·
Im with you. I have been brand loyal for the most part simply because they're easy to work on, are actually very reliable (never been stranded or broke down).

My Mitsu history has been quite fun:
'95 3000GT - first car
'03 Evo 8
'05 Evo 8 MR
'08 Evo X
'12 Lancer Sportback
'13 Evo X MR
'22 Eclipse Cross

Of these, only the Evo X MR and the EC remain with me.

Sure Mitsu hasnt made the smartest decisions in the US market, but for the most part the cars have good value for your money.

#7 ·
Nice. Kindred spirit.

Hope you like the Cross. Actually wondering what you think of the '22. Not sure if there's much difference between that and the initial-release trim. But, still curious what a fellow MR owner thinks of it.
Wish they retained the DCT-470 in this one. But we all know that's not how Mitsu'd roll anyway.

WTTC and enjoy!

#8 ·
The ride is a bit firm compared to the initial launch in 2018. Engine feels about the same. Main reason I skipped the 1st version of the EC was the rear end. It just screamed Aztec to me and I didnt like the look it gave the car.

When this refreshed 2022 came out, I was sold. I had been looking to replace the Sportback as a daily driver. this EC in SE trim was a night and day difference. Still slow compared to the MR, but as a daily driver it was a huge improvement - even if they have essentially the same CVT. Turbocharging makes the car peppy in around town driving, and the CVT gets you on the powerband quite well.

Agreed on preferably having this car with a DCT. Or at least a 6- or 7-sp AT.

Only consolation is this is a true Mitsubishi from the ground up - not a rebadged Nissan. Plus I love the fact this has both PI and DI which will keep the intake valves clean as opposed to most DI cars nowadays (with the exception of Toyotas with the D4S engine).

#9 ·
Hi Evomacky, you're a loyal Mitsu customer. You should be one of those people who Corporate should be contacting to get vital feedback on their products in an effort to chart a renewed growth strategy going forward! Your last sentence made me smile. Not many people are aware of Toyota's D4S technology and of course the 4B40 having 8 injectors. It's awesome that you recognize this and partly a reason why we got our EC almost a year ago. Where I live, Mitsu's are all over the place. The Evo is actually more popular than the EC lol. That said, hope to hear more from you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.