Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have contacted Mitsubishi and they're not interested. I am tired of the sqeaking noise that happens when sitting in front seat driving and the seat leather rubs against the lid on the centre console... it is very annoying.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome. I must say I have never encountered any squeaks with my front seats against the console on my Exceed. There is a considerable gap between the seat sides and the console plastics. Also, the fabric surrounding the seat belt buckle on the squab also prevents contact between the two. Where exactly is the noise coming from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thnx for your reply, the side of the seat rubs against the leather lid of the console.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I only get the squeak when I have a passenger. By myself, it's silent. But, I agree, it's very annoying. Maybe a little wax on the armrest might quiet the leather, at least a little.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ah the joy of having Cloth type seats:D:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I experienced the same issue and it went away when I forcefully pushed the center console lid away from the driver's seat which created enough gap between the two to prevent the rubbing. The tendency of this happening is more if your driving position is closer to the steering wheel like mine.

Definitely yet another design issue / quality lapse of the MEC :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts