Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I bought a used Eclipse Cross 4wd 1.6 fuel with 8000 km and with 7 months of life directly from the importer Mitzubishi Italy. After a few weeks I found a problem on the delivery. I explain better....Up to 2000 rpm the car revs up too much but it doesn't click as it should. In short, up to 2000 rpm it's as if the clutch was slipping. Then once the critical threshold of revs is exceeded, the car starts like a rocket. Two of the official dealers I spoke to told me that it is not possible to fix it with their electronic diagnostic tools, also to avoid voiding the warranty. Can you give me some advice on this issue? Thanks in advance to everyone.

·
Registered
39 Posts
There is a few clutch problem on the forum’s that is fixed by a clutch plate upgrade and an ecu rewrite for the electronics. This gave me a clutch pedal when completed and much better Rev control?
The only way to get it done is to complain very forcefully that this warranty job might fix your problems?
have a read into some of them mainly todo with a grinding between 1st & 2nd hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. I understand it's a clutch issue. Is it possible that in Mitsubishi they are not aware of this inconvenience? Is it possible that I was the only one to experience this anomaly?
I hope that some other subscribers can give me more information based on their (negative) experience .... Thank you very much for the suggestions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No your not but they call it a characteristic of the car my feeling on the matter is that is English just whinge about things but never complain!!!
If you look at some of the post of clutch/gear problems you would find that the Germans started this a couple of years ago and believe me they are good at complaining hence things got sorted
You need to complain at a dealership and tell them this tech bulletin is new and they need to find it and follow what needs doing or you’ll get in contact with customer service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts