Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have been driving my new Eclipse Cross Phev since May 6th, trying to use all the advice on the internet to maximize battery range and minimize fuel use.
My main strategies are:
  • engage EV before starting a journey
  • engage Eco also
  • enter regen braking B Mode
  • drop down to B0
Once traveling, I try to:
  • use the regen paddle to scub as much speed instead of brakes as possible when stopping.
  • coast towards red lights early. It's amazing how well it coasts in B0! This often means I retain momentum if the lights go green.
Using this driving style, I have managed to get the fully charged guess up quite high. Often it says around 65km range, and twice I had above 70km.
Has anyone else been getting high guesses?
Jono.
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to mention, I don't really get the distance it is indicating, it drops quite quickly once underway to more realistic range estimates.
Good luck in confusing the computer everyone...

·
Registered
100 Posts
These conversations make me sad lol. Where’s the power adders. Suspension tuning. Something lol. Maybe even some Ali express add ons ! What has the world come too LMAO . But I do get it I guess . With gas So high even I have eco mode on in my 1.5t cross trying to max out those leaves if I’m not in a rush. But I do think eco mode make it more of a pain to drive though. OK SORRY for the hijack back to PHEV cars

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hahaha, I get where you're coming from.
My last car was a Legacy Turbo with a very good Sport Sharp mode that was great to drive fast. The big downside was terrible fuel costs.
I have found you can have a similar amount of input if you swap the goal of being rapid for being economical. You have to concentrate on what's ahead, gradient, unexpected traffic, bikes etc if you use the paddles to replace the brakes so it is like being in a game, with your foot hovering above the brake in case you need faster deceleration.
I imagine if you drift your mind a bit, a crash would be more likely. Just like going fast.
Jono

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW eco mode may have a different effect in Phev - it just reduces the acceleration, presumably to keep the current draw down which must help the battery efficiency.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts