Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
Excellent Site,

Sorry to hear Mitsubishi is pulling out of the UK.
Whatever the case I’m sticking with My EC for the long run.
Need your help folks,
Please recommend a summer tire for lovely wet Irish weather. Maybe with good MPG for motorway driving.

On car at present -

Yokohama BluEarth E70 255/55R18 98H

EC owner since Dec 2018
30,000 miles driven (80% on UK Motorway Network)
Front tires – Bald ( need replaced)
Rear tires - nearly like new (WHY?)

Tires recommended on this forum:
Bridgestone Weather Control A005
Zeetex WH1000 SUV 225/55R18 102 V XL Winter tires
Nokian Nordman 7 SUV Studded 215/70R16
225/55 Toyo Proxes R44 (Australia)
Bridgestone Ecopias (USDM
Michelin AS/3s
Yokohama geolanders
larger tires. 235/70R16
Goodyear Eagle Sport tires

Cheers In advance

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi Happy Ireland,
Sorry have not reached that stage yet but when I do I will be looking for a good all round All Weather Tyre which I think Bridgestone do. Do you have a 4x4 Eclipse or 4x2. if the latter that would explain why the front tyres have worn as they are doing all the work. If a 4x4 then that would be strange for them to be so worn in comparison with the rear. However the fronts will wear a bit more than the rears due to the steering effort etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 4x4 AWD Eclipse Cross 3. At present, I thinking of Michelin Primacy 4.
I wonder if anyone else in 4x4 version is having the same issue with bald front tires and perfect rear.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I wonder if anyone else in 4x4 version is having the same issue with bald front tires and perfect rear.
Have the AWD model here in Australia. No issues with tyre/tire wear for me though I rotate my wheels every 5000 km as normal service and always have done. Allows me to check the tyres/tires ands wheels for damage or any abnormalities plus check/adjust the cold pressure. Whilst off I check brake pad wear and discs for any scoring. Finally, I give the wheel wells a good clean and check the hoses and electrical connections to the brakes and ABS etc. Wear on my four wheels is pretty equal all-round.

Our models in Australia don't have TPMS on our wheels so I have purchased a TPMS setup which uses the ODBII connection to connect a display that uses the wheel speed sensors to calculate tyre/tire pressure from the circumference to measure whether there is any under/over inflation. From reading, this is the method used these days in cars like the Mazda CX-3 and not an actual sensor is the wheel itself. The setting process for the Mazda is the same as the TPMS setup I have on order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts