Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newby here, hope y'all doing well.

I'm currently living abroad and will be moving to New Jersey in a few months and am starting to look for a new car, what comes to my mind is this gorgeous looking Eclipse Cross, as well as a not-so-good-looking Corolla Cross IMO.

I understand that Corolla may have a better resale value, but if we're not to talk about price/value, what made you pull the trigger on the Eclipse Cross over other similar vehicles? And how good is the Eclipse Cross in terms of reliability, ease of finding replacement parts...?

Thanks for all your inputs

·
Registered
116 Posts
Did a 2000 mile round trip from Atlanta to NJ & NY and back last May......surprised that the EC handled the crazy and pot hole laden road system of Jersey & New York....it was even able to catch up with no hesitations on tight turns, uphills, exits, entries, tunnels, bridges, endless toll gates, crazy drivers, taxis, buses, ebikes, motorcycles, pedestrians etc. you name it.....whereas my Garmin Smart GPS has gone nuts already, LOL!.....S-AWC handled so well the torrential rains in Virginia wherein at one point I was already hydroplaning and the S-AWC and ASC kicked in as designed......the 2019 high rear tail lights is also a big plus to be very visible at the nearly white out conditions where everybody else had to slow down and even turn in their hazard lights just to stay visible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Everyone I know owns a Toyota van, rav4 or highlander or what CUV/SUV Toyota has now, haha. Plus, most of them, around me, don't have as many standard options compared to the Eclipse Cross.

I got the Eclipse Cross because the options were better compared to what our local Honda and Toyota dealers had (for the price). And, our local Mitsubishi dealer had nice rebates. I've got about 5500 miles on mine and it's been great so far. Waiting to see how it does in the snow.

Reliability just depends how well you maintain it. ANY car can last decades if you know how to care for it. With these modern cars, they're definitely more reliable than cars from 20 years ago (early 2000s!) But, again, reliability depends on how well maintained it is.

Since the Eclipse Cross is still very new, I'd suspect parts for it will probably be difficult to come by, especially with the supply chain the way it is. New car model = pricier parts as well.

·
Registered
2022 Eclipse Cross PHEV
34 Posts
Everyone I know owns a Toyota van, rav4 or highlander or what CUV/SUV Toyota has now, haha. Plus, most of them, around me, don't have as many standard options compared to the Eclipse Cross.

I got the Eclipse Cross because the options were better compared to what our local Honda and Toyota dealers had (for the price). And, our local Mitsubishi dealer had nice rebates. I've got about 5500 miles on mine and it's been great so far. Waiting to see how it does in the snow.

Reliability just depends how well you maintain it. ANY car can last decades if you know how to care for it. With these modern cars, they're definitely more reliable than cars from 20 years ago (early 2000s!) But, again, reliability depends on how well maintained it is.

Since the Eclipse Cross is still very new, I'd suspect parts for it will probably be difficult to come by, especially with the supply chain the way it is. New car model = pricier parts as well.
I have the 2022 Eclipse Cross PHEV and I can tell you it is fantastic in the snow.

·
Super Moderator
508 Posts
I have been a Mitsubishi driver for three cars now. I got 170k miles from my Montero Sport, and 140k miles from my Outlander with no major repairs on either of them. Both still running great when traded in, so their 100k/10year warranty is well earned as far as I'm concerned. I've got 30K on my 2019 EC now and still loving it in PA (similar to NJ road conditions.)

Regular parts like brakes and belts seem to be easily found. Other parts will depend. Are there any specific parts you are concerned about?

The ultimate test would be test driving one when you get here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Newby here, hope y'all doing well. I'm currently living abroad and will be moving to New Jersey in a few months and am starting to look for a new car, what comes to my mind is this gorgeous looking Eclipse Cross, as well as a not-so-good-looking Corolla Cross IMO. I understand that Corolla may have a better resale value, but if we're not to talk about price/value, what made you pull the trigger on the Eclipse Cross over other similar vehicles? And how good is the Eclipse Cross in terms of reliability, ease of finding replacement parts...? Thanks for all your inputs
I don't purchase cars based on what others think resale will be but on what I enjoy driving. Personally I own a ,2022 LE Black on black that is anything but stock. I love the looks on people's faces when they ask me what is a that. 14k trouble free miles so far. I love watching the likes of Range Rover Sports and Lexus SUV's disappear in my rearview mirror. It's fun not living up to the dull drab write ups this car got when it came out. Have fun, life is to short to get caught driving your grandmother's car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts