Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Eclipse Cross
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Just purchased a 2022 SE and I’m loving it. But trying to figure out two things. One, the car shuts off from remote start when I go to get in the car, is there a way to stop this so I can just get in and keep it running during the process?
Next, is there a way to keep the car running and lock the doors to run into a store for instance? I try and the car just beeps at me and stays unlocked.
Any help you can give me would be amazing!

·
Super Moderator
439 Posts
To answer your questions ... No, and no.

These are safety/security features.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My remote start let me get into the vehicle and keep it running. However..... Mine was just removed because it's always acted really weird and often caused electrical errors. Sometimes it would shut off when i opened the door. Other times i could get into the vehicle and do nothing and it would keep running, other times i would have to get in and press the push to start quick to keep it running. Never figured out of it had a mode to keep it running and lock the car to go into the store. Getting a new one put in next month. Hopefully it will run correctly.

·
Registered
2022 Eclipse Cross
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My remote start let me get into the vehicle and keep it running. However..... Mine was just removed because it's always acted really weird and often caused electrical errors. Sometimes it would shut off when i opened the door. Other times i could get into the vehicle and do nothing and it would keep running, other times i would have to get in and press the push to start quick to keep it running. Never figured out of it had a mode to keep it running and lock the car to go into the store. Getting a new one put in next month. Hopefully it will run correctly.
Was this the factory remote start with the app etc?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Was this the factory remote start with the app etc?
Yes, my car has the factory remote with the app, but it also had an aftermarket autostart which could be activated with the keyfob by pressing lock three times or by the aftermarket key fob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts