Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Eclipse Cross
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Just purchased a 2022 SE and I’m loving it. But trying to figure out two things. One, the car shuts off from remote start when I go to get in the car, is there a way to stop this so I can just get in and keep it running during the process?
Next, is there a way to keep the car running and lock the doors to run into a store for instance? I try and the car just beeps at me and stays unlocked.
Any help you can give me would be amazing!

·
Super Moderator
479 Posts
To answer your questions ... No, and no.

These are safety/security features.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My remote start let me get into the vehicle and keep it running. However..... Mine was just removed because it's always acted really weird and often caused electrical errors. Sometimes it would shut off when i opened the door. Other times i could get into the vehicle and do nothing and it would keep running, other times i would have to get in and press the push to start quick to keep it running. Never figured out of it had a mode to keep it running and lock the car to go into the store. Getting a new one put in next month. Hopefully it will run correctly.

·
Registered
2022 Eclipse Cross
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My remote start let me get into the vehicle and keep it running. However..... Mine was just removed because it's always acted really weird and often caused electrical errors. Sometimes it would shut off when i opened the door. Other times i could get into the vehicle and do nothing and it would keep running, other times i would have to get in and press the push to start quick to keep it running. Never figured out of it had a mode to keep it running and lock the car to go into the store. Getting a new one put in next month. Hopefully it will run correctly.
Was this the factory remote start with the app etc?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Was this the factory remote start with the app etc?
Yes, my car has the factory remote with the app, but it also had an aftermarket autostart which could be activated with the keyfob by pressing lock three times or by the aftermarket key fob.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, my car has the factory remote with the app, but it also had an aftermarket autostart which could be activated with the keyfob by pressing lock three times or by the aftermarket key fob.
Well there is the problem... the two systems are conflicting. Why would you need two autostart systems? Seems counterintuitive and problematic.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well there is the problem... the two systems are conflicting. Why would you need two autostart systems? Seems counterintuitive and problematic.
That doesn't appear to the problem and it makes sense to have both. The app remote start is terrible and once my free subscription is up I wouldn't be able to start my car remotely. So a third party remote start makes sense. I recently got a new one put in by a reputable shop and it works fine. No electrical errors so far.

·
Registered
16 Posts
One way I keep the car running (especially if my wife and kid are in the car waiting and its hot) is I leave the transmitter in the car but remove and use the emergency key.

So while in the car, I lock all the doors, leave the key fob/transmitter in the car, exit the vehicle, lock the driver door using the emergency key taken out of the fob. that keeps the car running with no beep, car is locked and I can quickly run to get take out or something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have similar issue with my 2020.
Which remote started brand is it?
Mine is idata start...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts