Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Eclipse Cross 1.5 3 5d manual, FWD, version '3', 2018 plate
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is the correct place for this question.

Q: is there a way/a setting to remotely open/close the windows with the key fob?

I ask this because previous cars I've had do this [Ford Focus, Audi A3] if, for example, you leave the car forgetting to close a window, pressing and holding the key fob lock button puts the window(s) up. Similarly, pressing and holding the key fob unlock button puts the window(s) down. Doesn't seem to work with the EC.

(Years ago, I had a Mazda 626 that automatically put the windows up if you left the car and locked it leaving the windows down.)

·
Registered
65 Posts
If it is not in the manual then your car does not have the function

Reactions: thewiccaman

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The EC doesn't have that feature at all, even doesn't have the auto door lock feature to begin with LOL!
Odd how many features car makers choose to give you, or not. My son had a Vauxhall Corsa with minimal extra features but did have a heated steering wheel!

I can live without it.

·
Super Moderator
439 Posts
A lot of features come from rental and fleet cars and safety legislation. The auto door locks, daytime running lights, shoulder belts, etc. were all required in commercial cars before they appeared in consumer vehicles. It just made sense for manufacturers to start adding those features since they were already doing it. The thing is that Mitsubishi doesn't seem to play in the rental or fleet markets in North America, so they don't have to worry about some of those requirements.

For me, anyway, a lot of the automatic stuff is more of a novelty than a convenience.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A lot of features come from rental and fleet cars and safety legislation. The auto door locks, daytime running lights, shoulder belts, etc. were all required in commercial cars before they appeared in consumer vehicles. It just made sense for manufacturers to start adding those features since they were already doing it. The thing is that Mitsubishi doesn't seem to play in the rental or fleet markets in North America, so they don't have to worry about some of those requirements.

For me, anyway, a lot of the automatic stuff is more of a novelty than a convenience.
Makes sense. In my last job, my company car was identified as a 'fleet special version' and came with a number of extras not standard on consumer versions. (I'm in the UK).

·
Registered
23 Posts

Avis uses the Cross in their fleet, as that's how we got ours was from Avis car sales with only 15,900 on it. Picked it up last year when companies started downsizing their fleets due to COVID19. Needed an alignment and tires, and of course now the ignition switch gremlin, but the wife likes it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hope this is the correct place for this question.

Q: is there a way/a setting to remotely open/close the windows with the key fob?

I ask this because previous cars I've had do this [Ford Focus, Audi A3] if, for example, you leave the car forgetting to close a window, pressing and holding the key fob lock button puts the window(s) up. Similarly, pressing and holding the key fob unlock button puts the window(s) down. Doesn't seem to work with the EC.

(Years ago, I had a Mazda 626 that automatically put the windows up if you left the car and locked it leaving the windows down.)
Yeah so like everyone else is saying there isn't an option for that. Jeep didnt have it on my 2008 grand Cherokee overland. So not all have that option.

Aftermarket options do exist. But the problem that you'd most likely run into is the fact that
1. The battery is small
2. The ignition has to be on fully before windows work. Cant use windows in accessories position. Most systems rely on ignition accessories position being able to integrate with.
3. Id say the first step is to get a remote start system installed first. Then look into diy esp32/eap8266 or raspberry pi zero to control smart features like that. Having an Aftermarket remote start system installed and properly talks to the car base security computer will be your best bet.
4. Yes this is $$$ if not an extra $. Mitsubishi skipped out on functions to make the car cheaper to push it out to americans and bring in some revenue. Look at 2021 for the 2022 EC. Its much more expensive and has options standard that newer cars of other manufacturers have already been producing.

Take away. Look at what is needed to interface with the car without setting off the car alarm 🚨 lol then see if you can diy a accessory controller.

·
Super Moderator
439 Posts
Avis uses the Cross in their fleet, as that's how we got ours was from Avis car sales with only 15,900 on it. Picked it up last year when companies started downsizing their fleets due to COVID19. Needed an alignment and tires, and of course now the ignition switch gremlin, but the wife likes it.
Really? I've never seen any Mitsubishi options from rental agencies. So does yours have auto door locks? I thought that was a US requirement for rentals.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Really? I've never seen any Mitsubishi options from rental agencies. So does yours have auto door locks? I thought that was a US requirement for rentals.
No auto door locks, unless that had been turned off, and I have rented A LOT of cars that didn't have auto locks. There may be some rental companies that require it, but don't think it's an across the board requirement. If it were Turo would be in huge trouble.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Mitsubishi only enabled half of the auto locking features and then only the safety unlock of all doors when the selector lever is moved to the Park position. Not a big deal as you can press the drivers door lock button to secure all the doors. On my Exceed (roughly equivalent to an SEL with Touring Pack) I had previously mentioned in locking discussions that I hear a click on all four doors when shifting to Park. If the door was unlocked there was no visible change. Lock all doors with the drivers lock button and shifting to Park unlocks all four doors. Safety get out only. If you need security to lock people out for fear of car jacking the drivers button quickly does that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts