Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was heading up a hill at a pretty steady 80mph. And the car felt funny to me. I Turn the radio down and it felt like the car was struggling. I wasn’t sure what was going on at first as the car was still at a almost perfectly steady 80mph. Then I noticed the RPMs were going from 3500 and dropping to 3000 give or take all while keeping a steady speed and consistent pressure on the gas. This happened about 3 times that I noticed ( probably a couple more before I paid attention )Had me a bit worried. Then I got to the top of the hill and everything was back to normal. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this just the CVT acting up before a “shift” maybe?

Also the reason I noticed it, it kinda felt like even my seat was shaking a bit from it. Or maybe it was just the tranny struggling underneath? I was thinking it was the road at first.

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
The shuddering from lugging and engine shouldn't happen at 3000 rpm. What you were probably feeling was the CVT's ECU being unsure of the optimum ration so it kept switching back and forth. If it happens again just tap the paddle shifters to switch to manual mode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts