Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my seat belt keeps getting caught in the door when I exit the vehicle. I have now dented the door frame near the striker twice. Anyone else enjoying this issue? My Hyundai seat belt didn't retract very well and you was replaced under warranty. That fixed it. This one seems to retract ok but it's not very strong and if twisted at all it doesn't retract and it gets caught in the door.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've had that happen in virtually every vehicle I have ever owned. I came to the conclusion that it was me and not the seat belt that was the problem.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha this and the Hyundai are the only two I've had this problem with. And the Hyundai problem stopped after I had the retractor replaced.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The worst one I had the problem with was a Chevy in the late '80s. The seat belt retainer and the sliding adjuster would always get twisted/tangled together and many times i'd come back to the car and the belt and buckle were hanging outside the door.

When I get out of any car i tend to keep the seat belt on until I open the door and then fling it out of the way, expecting it to retract smoothly. Most of the time it does, but when it doesn't, i notice. I'm still pretty sure it's me, but I'm willing to put up with it because the alternative might be a stronger retraction spring which would be rather uncomfortable to deal with while driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts