Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick mention about the increase in whats called relay theft here in the UK. Im sure its happening worldwide with modern keyless systems being targeted. The car thieves are using technology that picks up the signal from your keyless remote and amplifies it to a transmitter held next to your car. The car is then fooled into thinking the key is next to the doors allowing them to unlock, gain access and start the engine. Goodbye car 馃槬 The good news is you can purchase signal blocking pouches to keep your keys in to stop this from happening 馃憤 keyless remote protectors are available on line from the likes of Amazon and e bay, and there cheap.
Hope this info helps someone falling victim to this high tech crime.
Stay safe 馃憤

Registered
I have heard ghost stories of this happening, much like rfid wallet theft, but never have actually seen or been acquainted with someone who has had this happen. Is there some sort of proof of it happening other than vague articles with no data and product marketing companies? Just curious?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately its a very real problem. A quick search on google keyless car theft is all you need. There are even videos from cctv footage showing how they use the equipment. The rfid blocking wallets do work. I have my keys in one and when in the shielded compartment the doors wont unlock.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts