Eclipse Cross Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
mitsu eclipse cross gk my18
34 Posts
This is where you can download it Аудиооборудование: Файлы для SDA (Mitsubishi Connect) — MMC Manuals

This is the manual https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10161375-9999.pdf

Just remember, you are doing it under your own risk! Be careful!
Hi Kekeraz et al, thanks for the link, have learned lots I didnt know.
Well I downloaded the instructions and found out how to get into the head unit and found a number of interesting options including an error log which had numerous notices for error codes : 2013, 1045 and 1030.
software package ver: 2.1.0006.0600 and lots of other details.
The other interesting thing was that the update software update option was greyed out meaning, I assume, a special tool is required as I was actually connected via USB.
I have contacted a local dealer but so far have not heard back from them and with covid I cant just rock up and ask for advice.
Have had similar issues as reported by others, assistant saying i am speaking too loud, intermitenant connections ,etc. however when it works it is super but often the map disappears when I take a call, but the voice guidance works. Also get error saying USB nonot connected when I pluf in but phone still works.
Any comments, suggestions welcome.
Greta site and I hope it continues to grow.
thoughts on the new 2021, sorry to lose the split rear window, a distinguishing feature which actually drew me towards the purchase of my EC MY18, sadly no AWD. sorry for going off topic.
Cheers everyone, stay healthy.
steve/gabe

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did you have USB with software update in the usb slot? If you did, and the option is greyed out it is because the software is already at or above the level on the USB

No special tool is needed

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you have USB with software update in the usb slot? If you did, and the option is greyed out it is because the software is already at or above the level on the USB

No special tool is needed
Hi DibbyDibby,
thanks for your quick reply. No I didnt have the software on my s10e as I was worried I might accidently brick the system. The current sw level is from memory L, I wasnt able to get a screen shot oof that, but according the latest is O and the softversion is :2.4.016.0600, currently: 2.1.0006.0600, so a long way behind. Most of the stuff was date stamped 2018 or 2019.
I am worried that if I try to do the update myself, my warranty will be voided, but I would like to get it done so I have the software and instructions from the TSB so I will be going to the dealer armed with all the appropriate stuff and hope I can get them to install it.
BTW any idea on the error codes or where i might find info on them? Suspect it might be related to connection issues as a guess. Tthey started the day I picked up my mitsi(20/12/21) and stopped about 3 weeks ago
once again a big thank you
cheers
steve/gabe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Kekeraz et al, thanks for the link, have learned lots I didnt know.
Well I downloaded the instructions and found out how to get into the head unit and found a number of interesting options including an error log which had numerous notices for error codes : 2013, 1045 and 1030.
software package ver: 2.1.0006.0600 and lots of other details.
The other interesting thing was that the update software update option was greyed out meaning, I assume, a special tool is required as I was actually connected via USB.
I have contacted a local dealer but so far have not heard back from them and with covid I cant just rock up and ask for advice.
Have had similar issues as reported by others, assistant saying i am speaking too loud, intermitenant connections ,etc. however when it works it is super but often the map disappears when I take a call, but the voice guidance works. Also get error saying USB nonot connected when I pluf in but phone still works.
Any comments, suggestions welcome.
Greta site and I hope it continues to grow.
thoughts on the new 2021, sorry to lose the split rear window, a distinguishing feature which actually drew me towards the purchase of my EC MY18, sadly no AWD. sorry for going off topic.
Cheers everyone, stay healthy.
steve/gabe
Hi,
Check if your memory stick is 4GB and over and you formatted before extracting the archive file

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi again,
I have already dl the update, unzipped and copied to newly formatted usb stick as you suggested but am reluctant to install as i mentioned previously just in case it all goes wrong and with my luck it probably would, lol.
I intend to talk to dealer first ans see if they will do it for me, however in the meantime the new android 11 update seems to have fixed some of the problems while it created some others unrelated to my mitsi.
Still curious about the error log codes I mentioned in my previous post if anyone out there( Zarbs, are you reading this, dont mean to be rude) can shed some light on them, would love to hear from you.
thanks again, stay healthy, we are back in lockdown here in brissy.
cheers
steve/gabe

·
Registered
507 Posts
I haven't chimed in on this thread of late because my system is way above the versions listed (surmising that later in the alphabet is a later version of the software). I have version U and have not had a need to upgrade the software. I have no info on the error codes found in this system (sorry @Gabe aus).

Of interest is the online manuals at the Russian site now have been updated with the information for the new MY21 model. This data is shown is in addition to the older model information. The newer Smartphone Display Link audio system is noted in detail and the tech manual notes this model includes full SatNav capability.

For those not familiar with the Russian manuals site it can be found here (there are Tech, Workshop, Body Repair and Pre-Delivery manuals available (see the drop down menu top left)):

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi again,
I have already dl the update, unzipped and copied to newly formatted usb stick as you suggested but am reluctant to install as i mentioned previously just in case it all goes wrong and with my luck it probably would, lol.
I intend to talk to dealer first ans see if they will do it for me, however in the meantime the new android 11 update seems to have fixed some of the problems while it created some others unrelated to my mitsi.
Still curious about the error log codes I mentioned in my previous post if anyone out there( Zarbs, are you reading this, dont mean to be rude) can shed some light on them, would love to hear from you.
thanks again, stay healthy, we are back in lockdown here in brissy.
cheers
steve/gabe
Make sure you unzipped the folder (not files) to the root of the flash drive.
Make sure you downloaded the correct software (for EC).

Make us posted on the current version you have.
Does your vehicle recognize the is USB Drive at all?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I haven't chimed in on this thread of late because my system is way above the versions listed (surmising that later in the alphabet is a later version of the software). I have version U and have not had a need to upgrade the software. I have no info on the error codes found in this system (sorry @Gabe aus).

Of interest is the online manuals at the Russian site now have been updated with the information for the new MY21 model. This data is shown is in addition to the older model information. The newer Smartphone Display Link audio system is noted in detail and the tech manual notes this model includes full SatNav capability.
Hi Zarbs, thanks for your response, will go back and check it out although I doubt that my mitsi doesnt have the hardware or firmware for version u but appreciate your response.
cheers
steve/gabe
Make sure you unzipped the folder (not files) to the root of the flash drive.
Make sure you downloaded the correct software (for EC).

Make us posted on the current version you have.
Does your vehicle recognize the is USB Drive at all?
Hi Kekeraz,
thanks for your reply. I did all of the above as mentioned in my previous post but stopped at actually trying to install update because if it fails my warranty will be voided, so will try to find a dealer who will do it for me when i take my mitsi in for 50K inspection.
Thanks for the info and take care.
cheers
steve/gabe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Gabe,
Delete the update software and put some music on the USB drive. Let us know if the radio unit will see the device.
Your problem seems like the USB drive is not recognizable. You can try with the other device.
The other thing is did you removed all other devices when you tried to update the unit?

Everything you do with your warranted vehicle is under your own risk. It does void the warranty. But anyway you can try to make the update software visible for the unit.

If you are going to visit the dealer and they will update the software, could you please try to ask the copy of the software for the EC, ASX and the Outlander. We would so much appreciated and the other owners in the rest of the world. ))))

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Gabe,
Delete the update software and put some music on the USB drive. Let us know if the radio unit will see the device.
Your problem seems like the USB drive is not recognizable. You can try with the other device.
The other thing is did you removed all other devices when you tried to update the unit?

Everything you do with your warranted vehicle is under your own risk. It does void the warranty. But anyway you can try to make the update software visible for the unit.

If you are going to visit the dealer and they will update the software, could you please try to ask the copy of the software for the EC, ASX and the Outlander. We would so much appreciated and the other owners in the rest of the world. ))))
Hi Kekeraz et all,
thanks for the advice. I have had no repose from a call to the dealer and so gonna go there and make appointment.will try to get that info for you but pretty sure original link shows details for outlander and outlander phev for 17-18 but not asx. As for testing USB, have determined it does not like to have any more than a single connection at any one time so either need to unplug mobile or dl software to mobile and try that, but have not had time to test this theory.
Thanks again for your suggestions, and happy easter to all.
cheers steve/gabe

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Kekeraz et all,
thanks for the advice. I have had no repose from a call to the dealer and so gonna go there and make appointment.will try to get that info for you but pretty sure original link shows details for outlander and outlander phev for 17-18 but not asx. As for testing USB, have determined it does not like to have any more than a single connection at any one time so either need to unplug mobile or dl software to mobile and try that, but have not had time to test this theory.
cheers steve/gabe
edit-
also turn off BT on phone.
cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
You certainly must have no other USB connections whilst trying to update. Bluetooth is not a concern, whether it is on or off does not matter. After the update has been done though you must go into the menu and reset the unit under system tab. This deletes all the old connection profiles. You will need to repair all your phones and reprogram the clock and radio stations afterwards

·
Registered
34 Posts
You certainly must have no other USB connections whilst trying to update. Bluetooth is not a concern, whether it is on or off does not matter. After the update has been done though you must go into the menu and reset the unit under system tab. This deletes all the old connection profiles. You will need to repair all your phones and reprogram the clock and radio stations afterwards
Hi DibbyDibby,
Thanks for the info, however, have now come across another roadblock. When I try to unpack the rar file i get unexpected error and file appears to be corrupted. Have tried to download and unpack again, same story. Think i will just leave it to the dealer and hope they can sort it. However, as i can still navigate, listen to music and make and receive calls most of the time, it is no longer a big deal. i suspect the upgrade to android 11 on my smasung s10e actually fixed some of the original problems.
anyway thanks again for the assistance and will keep everyone posted if and when things get fully sorted.
cheers
steve/gabe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Kekeraz et all,
cheers steve/gabe
There is in the second link with the NHTSA bulletin the note states about Outlander Sport/ RVR. That is the ASX in other markets. Unfortunately, there is no free share software update available to download.
Some of the EC owners as well as the other models said that the dealer refused to update the SDA. So let's see what your dealer will say.

Did you tried the other USB stick? Seems like yours original is corrupted. I have no problem to download and extract the files. I just don't have the EC to try myself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There is in the second link with the NHTSA bulletin the note states about Outlander Sport/ RVR. That is the ASX in other markets. Unfortunately, there is no free share software update available to download.
Some of the EC owners as well as the other models said that the dealer refused to update the SDA. So let's see what your dealer will say.

Did you tried the other USB stick? Seems like yours original is corrupted. I have no problem to download and extract the files. I just don't have the EC to try myself.
Strange, I wonder if my anti virus is somehow blocking the file, but that doesnt make sense as I get no notifications regarding that file, have successfully d/l the instructions, just cant get the update, I might try on my laptop after switching off all antivirus but doubt that is the problem. USB stick is fine, brand new 128gb high speed, have already tested in my dashcam and works fine, so not that either. As i said, will just see what dealer says when i get it in for service.
cheers
steve/gabe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Strange, I wonder if my anti virus is somehow blocking the file, but that doesnt make sense as I get no notifications regarding that file, have successfully d/l the instructions, just cant get the update, I might try on my laptop after switching off all antivirus but doubt that is the problem. USB stick is fine, brand new 128gb high speed, have already tested in my dashcam and works fine, so not that either. As i said, will just see what dealer says when i get it in for service.
cheers
steve/gabe
You said you tested the usb drive in your dash cam. What type of the usb drive is that?
You need the one aka thumb drive. Maybe 128 gb is too high capacity.
I’ve updated about 30 units so far on the Outlanders and had no problem at all.
I’m pretty sure your usb drive is the problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You said you tested the usb drive in your dash cam. What type of the usb drive is that?
You need the one aka thumb drive. Maybe 128 gb is too high capacity.
I’ve updated about 30 units so far on the Outlanders and had no problem at all.
I’m pretty sure your usb drive is the problem.
I thinke somewhere along the line i lost the plot. Up to this point i had only d/l the instructions and software but had not yet unpacked the actual update, only the instructions. Hence the problem i have now is a corrupted update file which wont unpack. have tried winrar and zip, both report same problem. i had not actually tried to do the update until now, was only researching the possibility of installing the update, apologies if i have misled you unintentially. the files were d/l from the russian site as per the original post. Have repeatedly deleted d/l, rebooted and tried again. aaahhh, but i did not clear cache thinking reboot will do that, however i run iolo regularly which does clear cache. sorry just thinking out loud here.
anywaay thanks for all your time and effort, will have to see what the dealer says.
cheers
steve/gabe. sorry for the dyslexic typing.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts