Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for replacement sparkplugs for my 2018EC apart from the very expensive OEM do NGK OR BOSCH and so on supply any as I'm coming up blank. Has anyone else had this problem 馃嚞馃嚙馃嚞馃嚙

Registered
I've been looking for replacement sparkplugs for my 2018EC apart from the very expensive OEM do NGK OR BOSCH and so on supply any as I'm coming up blank. Has anyone else had this problem 馃嚞馃嚙馃嚞馃嚙
I wouldn't even think of cheapening out when it comes to sparkplug, I'll go Iridium most of the time and you don't often replace them anyway and the benefits outweigh the savings you are trying to make with.....stay with OEM NGK or Denso japanese plugs.

Registered
Hey guys, I'm new and wanted to know what model sparkplugs can be used for our EC besides the original ones? I've been looking for NGKs or Denso but where I live (Singapore) I haven't had much luck identifying :

a) genuine sparkplugs (other than mitsubishi branded)
b) sparkplug model for NGK or Denso

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I have found his that no sparkplug listings show an alternative to the OEM sparkplug. Being the the cross has been here for three years now I find it very strange, perhaps their made of gold as the cost of replacing them could cost about 拢160 for four sparkplugs and that's fitting them yourself. If anybody has any info please post a reply in the meantime I'll keep looking.

Registered
Im not sure what intervals you change the plugs at In UK, but here in the land down under its every 90000 kms (55000 miles). This interval is attained by using genuine plugs, and I personally cant find a good reason for using unknown quality parts on a engine that has high pressure petrol injection and a turbocharger.

Holed piston anyone??

Registered
With my Jaguar S-Type V6, I only had to change the spark plugs once at the manufacturers recommend interval of 70,000 miles. That was once in the 10 years of ownership.
Though it may be more expensive, I think it best and wise, to follow the manufacturers recommendation relating to replacement mileage intervals etc., and then to use the correct parts specified, especially when it comes to engine parts.
My reasoning for saying this, the manufacturer knows what the stresses and strains are on the individual parts used in the design of their product, and therefore to use what may appear as a cost attractive alternative, it could turn out to be a very costly choice at some point further down the line.. With regard to spark plugs, only ever use a proven high quality grade alternative, to that specified by any engine manufacturer. Remember there is generally a good reason why spark plugs may appear expensive at first site, but it is dangerous to cut costs for such an important item of this nature.

Registered
I can say that from the IX in the part number its probably iridium or some other metal, a fine tip spark plug.

I replaced plugs on my Outlander Sport at 105,000 miles myself and I didn't see anything bad or have any engine issues, but the mileage was so high.

When I had a turbo Subaru that also came with Iridium tipped spark plugs, I successfully changed to NGK copper plugs..but then I would change almost every 5,000 miles and was racing and all that.
It seems economical enough to just use expensive plugs and change every 50,000 miles.

And for sure plugs are picked out very specifically, but generally speaking you can switch between brands provided you use the same heat range and length/size.
Using the wrong length can be very bad, but sometimes switching heat ranges is OK. Especially on dirtbikes and things like that, but should be no reason on an Eclipse Cross.
Just making chatter: )

Registered
I came up with nothing on autozone too. Thought I messed up. But didn鈥檛 try again because I鈥檓 not trying to change them out yet. Havnt checked the intervals here. But 55k seems early. Maybe due to the turbo I guess. My old Honda was at a 100k but I changed them at 20 for iridium.

What I have found his that no sparkplug listings show an alternative to the OEM sparkplug. Being the the cross has been here for three years now I find it very strange, perhaps their made of gold as the cost of replacing them could cost about 拢160 for four sparkplugs and that's fitting them yourself. If anybody has any info please post a reply in the meantime I'll keep looking.

Registered
Aug 2018, G with BSW/LCA (Petrol 1.5, CVT 4WD)
1822A104 : Genuine
SILKR7H8 : Standard (1822A104 OEM? / DENSO)
IXUH22I : Iridium Power (DENSO)
VXUH22I : Iridium Tough (DENSO)
LKR7ARX-P : Premium-RX (NGK)

In japan, NGK Premium-RX plugs seems to be popular

1 - 12 of 12 Posts