Eclipse Cross Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
We have two 2019 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross SEL Touring’s so they came with led headlights but halogen fogs. I put led fog bulbs in. I also just changed my co-workers 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SE to led headlights and fog lights. I always order the same kind that are the good sylvania ones that come with everything built into the bulb to stop errors or anything. These are awesome headlights and if you change out your headlight and fog light bulbs it will make all the difference. You can see in the pic with the new headlight and old fog light. We had upgraded her original head and fogs to a better halogen type bulb but were still not good enuf so went to full led and wow. how it looks and I will post a link.
View attachment 1199
Led sure will look brighter when staring straight into them... so if you could post the difference of light on a surface

·
Registered
115 Posts
With regard to the use of Fog Lights. In real terms in the UK, it is illegal to use Fog Lamps other than when it is in Fog or in snowfall conditions. We can be fined for illegal use of Fog Lights.
My only disappointment with my Eclipse Cross is the very poor performance of its Headlights in comparison with those fitted to my 2016 ASX ( Outlander Sport in USA) which were wonderful in lighting up the road immediately front of you and also the kerb areas on both sides of the road. This feature did not seem to cause any distress or problems to approaching traffics drivers in the time of my ownership, nobody every flashed their main beam light in annoyance at me.
The Eclipse Cross is very poor in the Headlight performance department in my book, it spoils the ownership of the car when driving at night, as they do restrict your vision of the road ahead to an unacceptable degree.
Had I known of this short coming, it would have possibly put me off buying the car in the first place. A shame really, as I am otherwise extremely pleased with the car.
Ok so I actually remembered and try to compare the asx vs ec lights picture are labeled.
Note I could not find any really dark area nearby but guess can still compare.

Obviously intense spot ....can see both headlight closer together, but seems brighter than asx.

Asx headlight are more evenly distributed. Ec slightly brighter.

Ec high beam are definately in a peak shape and position away to the left (Rhd) from on coming traffic.
Note: Actually no fog ...label error

Ec high beams are throw way further than asx... I believe this may be an issue. But I am ok with it light up surrounding area ahead

All lights on.. EC I would believe if those 2 intense spot are direct outwards from each other their will be more coverage.

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts