Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we've had a farily wet and dirty winter this year after our drought. Decided to get down and dirty and wash the EC to clear the road grime after the recent rains. Used a snow cannon to first remove the hard road grit followed by a two bucket wash and finally a spray cannon of sealer coating. Drying off with a spray drying agent on a microfibre super soaker towel. I used to use various products but have now switched to Australian made brand Bowdens Own and the results are spectacular. Water beading lasts months and the paint surfaces are very smooth and slick. Enjoy your Sunday wherever you are...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Looks great Zarbs. No elbow grease required then:D.
You wouldn't know it was a red car under all that foam.
It really has come up very well indeed.
A very nice blue sky there Zarbs. The weather here has been quite good over the past few weeks, though thank goodness, not as hot here as they have been having in the southern half of England, having temperatures in the mid thirties, Recent days here in the west of Scotland it has been overcast in the morning giving way to nice warm and sunny afternoons and evenings, temperatures in the low to mid twenties C. Only 16*C today though.

·
Super Moderator
215 Posts
Oooh, shiny things! ;)

Stunning look. Just curious, what to those sealers do to the chrome and glass?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just curious, what to those sealers do to the chrome and glass?
The instructions note the sealer, known as Happy Ending, is to be applied to cold panels (not a problem with winter here) and, once applied should be quickly and vigourosly rinsed from glass so as not the cause streaking issues. After I have finished I always go over the glass with a specific cleaner to ensure all of the sealer is removed.

I use their product called Boss Gloss as a drying aid on my microfibre drying towel and it has the same issue on glass and dries to a chalky film if it hits glass so I steer clear with that too.

Boss Gloss is also use as a quick detailer in a spray on and keeping away from glass is a must. Can't say I have seen any issues on the chrome though most of mine is added from eBay or AliExpress as the EC is mostly chrome deficient in its natural form.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You wouldn't know it was a red car under all that foam.
Yes. I have seen some people post Instagram pics of their cars after foaming and you can see most of the watery foam on the ground as their washer pressure is too low. I use a 4800psi petrol pressure washer and its output with the snow cannon produces a thick rich foam that sticks like glue. Previously, I used an electric pressure washer that just didn't build enough pressure to produce a good thick foam and the cleaning effect was not that good.

I had time to apply the foam and go and get my phone to take the picture and the foam was still stuck on tight and slowly dripping. It is the best thing to remove the road grime prior to a hand wash with no chance of swirls from grit lying on the paintwork.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I want to be Zarbs! I miss Australia, your house is in the county, your car looks fantastic and shiny! And you know so much about three EC!

Anymore know what's best to use on windows? My towels always leave fibers, it drives me crazy.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks @betha_b1. I only use microfibre towels that have had a first wash and no heat tumble dry to fluff the pile of the towel. I use an Aussie company for mine - Bowdens Own. Mothers or Meguire's should have should have a good equivalent towel. This is the towel Bowdens make for the job:

Leaves no fluff residue. Never use fabric conditioner on microfibre as it removes the absorbency. I put a cup of white vinegar in the final rinse as a natural fabric softener. Then follow up with a few minutes in the dryer and out in the fresh air to dry naturally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts