Eclipse Cross Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Excellent realist @betha_b1. Put the service guys out of a job.:ROFLMAO:
Ha ha, they couldn't "hear" it anyway, so it was hard to get them to fix it... I would have pressed the issue had I not been able to do it easily. I'm no stranger to doing my own repairs, but I generally don't on my cars that are under warranty. Once out of warranty.... Well then I usually tackel anything I don't need a auto lift to do.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Very well done Betha. As Zarbs says you put the service guys out and to shame.
Hope you are coping and staying safe from the Covid 19 virus.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hey Zarbs, your flag by your avitar shows US flag. Did you move?
No. I noticed this change some time back but haven't worried about it. My email is US based. It's an email account I've had since the early days of Apple iTools in the 90's when working for them and testing the service. Nothing else in my profile would give cause it to set the flag as US. No biggy...

·
Registered
190 Posts
No. I noticed this change some time back but haven't worried about it. My email is US based. It's an email account I've had since the early days of Apple iTools in the 90's when working for them and testing the service. Nothing else in my profile would give cause it to set the flag as US. No biggy...
Yeah, agreed, no biggie. I was just wondering if you made some monumental life change without telling anyone 😉. The snippets of your life I've gotten from the forum make your life seem very interesting! Looking forwards to learning more.

·
Registered
525 Posts
It was intended for my family and I to move to the US some years back when I worked for Apple to take over management of their US telecommunications system but they had a big loss financially the quarter before I was to move and it all got cancelled. I spent two months a year in California when working for them after that. Still have great friends in the company there but with COVID I haven't caught up with them in a while.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kevin96k - is the sounds still gone? I'm going to bring it in but just wanted to check again before I go in. Also what kind of screw heads are they? Alan? Phillips? I can't quite see the patern just peaking in.
Oh yea it fixed it totally. Still silent! It is that large black plastic support that mouts up in there and it creaks agains the metal and glass portion that it is screwed in to. Our other Eclipse Cross makes the same noise so I still have to take it apart to fix it one day soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you for posting all those detailed pics I could not! Awesome! So glad you go it fixed. I think the main culprit too is the 3 you tightened and not the support bracket bolts on each side that I also tightened. So glad you fixed it!

We got an out of the ordinary 74 degree day in October so I took advantage of it and sat in the car and tried to fix this. I was able to fix this myself thanks to Kevin96k's insights. The head on the screws is a t25 bit. I was able to do this with only popping down the velcro hooked parts on the headliner very gently in between the sunroofs and along the sunroofs towards the front and back. I taped up the rubber flap concealing the sunroof bar to help me see and then I put on a small headlamp for light. I was able to squeeze an offset ratcheting screwdriver and my hand in a just enough to get them tightened. I was able to tighten all 3 and it no longer squeeks! I did not take off the seat belt column and tighten under there, which Kevin96k mentions he does. But if the sound returns and it's not fixed by retightening the 3 screws overhead again, I will tackle the column bolts.

I drove my route to work to check it which usually drives me crazy with all the squeaking and there wasn't a peep the only thing I could hear were my leather seats rubbing on each other which doesn't bother me! I'm very happy and I didn't have to take the whole roof down thanks, again, to Kevin96k!

View attachment 1128 View attachment 1129
View attachment 1133
View attachment 1130 View attachment 1131 View attachment 1132

21 - 32 of 32 Posts