Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross SE
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if it's just me or if others also come across this, but occasionally the app just doesnt want to work, by that I mean the engine remote start tells me it cant start to try again or contact customer care. Sometimes I use lock the doors and it works again but that's not always the case. By the way, I'm always locking my doors, it's a habit everytime I exit the car. So leaving the car unlocked isnt the issue. I've had to contact their support quite a bit this year. I'm about to ask for a refund because this isnt what i was expecting from their subscription plan.

·
Super Moderator
439 Posts
Have you contacted Mitsubishi Connect support specifically about this issue? I had a similar issue in the beginning, but after one of the techs did something (changed a setting only they can access) it's been pretty reliable ever since. They also recommended the following:

1. Login To the My Mitsubishi Connect App
2. Click on the Settings icon
3. Once the Account Setting screen appears, please click on the "Manage Vehicles" section
4. On the Manage Vehicles screen, please toggle the setting for "Privacy Mode" until you see the grey section on the right of the switch turn red. You will need to enter your PIN for the setting to be modified and after the option has been enabled, you will receive a notification that "Privacy Mode enabled successfully"
5. Next, turn the privacy mode off. You will slide the button back to the left and you will see the red on the right of the button return to grey. You will receive a notification that "Privacy Mode disabled successfully"
6. Now back out of the Manage Vehicles section using the arrows until you have the icons at the bottom of the screen.
7. Click on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing up to the right, enter your PIN and the location of your vehicle should appear. If you get an error, please note the exact message you receive and reply to this message. Log out of the app completely and log back into the app and try the Car Finder remote operation again.

Keep in mind that since you are communicating the instructions via satellite, if there are any overhead obstructions at the time, it could interfere with being able to find your car at all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you contacted Mitsubishi Connect support specifically about this issue? I had a similar issue in the beginning, but after one of the techs did something (changed a setting only they can access) it's been pretty reliable ever since. They also recommended the following:

1. Login To the My Mitsubishi Connect App
2. Click on the Settings icon
3. Once the Account Setting screen appears, please click on the "Manage Vehicles" section
4. On the Manage Vehicles screen, please toggle the setting for "Privacy Mode" until you see the grey section on the right of the switch turn red. You will need to enter your PIN for the setting to be modified and after the option has been enabled, you will receive a notification that "Privacy Mode enabled successfully"
5. Next, turn the privacy mode off. You will slide the button back to the left and you will see the red on the right of the button return to grey. You will receive a notification that "Privacy Mode disabled successfully"
6. Now back out of the Manage Vehicles section using the arrows until you have the icons at the bottom of the screen.
7. Click on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing up to the right, enter your PIN and the location of your vehicle should appear. If you get an error, please note the exact message you receive and reply to this message. Log out of the app completely and log back into the app and try the Car Finder remote operation again.

Keep in mind that since you are communicating the instructions via satellite, if there are any overhead obstructions at the time, it could interfere with being able to find your car at all.
Appreciate the response. I have contacted them a couple times and they have fixed it but now this is the third time and just annoying. I've only owned the car for 5 months. I will try the suggestion you have shared and if that doesnt work I'll contact them again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried that a few times and still no help. So hopefully this next call will be the last time. Not very hopeful to be honest

·
Super Moderator
439 Posts
Hmmm. I just tried a few things and it's rather funny that the vehicle finder feature worked, but then sent me an email notice that it failed. I was able to start my car and flash the lights. I can't say that I use the app that much, though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm. I just tried a few things and it's rather funny that the vehicle finder feature worked, but then sent me an email notice that it failed. I was able to start my car and flash the lights. I can't say that I use the app that much, though.
I mainly use it for the door lock feature, mainly through Alexa, and remote engine start. But yeah it seems all features are returning with an error or unsuccessful should I say. Now that I'm home from work I'm gonna get ahold of support

·
Super Moderator
439 Posts
I would reiterate that even though the notification said it failed, the feature actually worked.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would reiterate that even though the notification said it failed, the feature actually worked.
I wish it was the same for me. However nothing is working within the app or for the car. I have the options to honk the horn, turn on headlights, lock/unlock doors, and start the engine and nothing returns via the car

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'll say that I bought mine In June of 2020, one of the main reasons of getting the app was remote start but I had issues with the app from day one. There is a green, yellow and red line up top to determine vehicle signal strength from the wireless carrier. I had a lot of calls and text messages with their network team. They use AT&T as the carrier (in US). They first stated I wasn't in a 4G area and I explained I have them as my carrier and have no issues at my house. Them they had me unhook the battery. Remove or reset the app on numerous occasions and finally told me to go to my dealer who they worked with extensively. Basically I was left with take a video and text us if it happens again and of course when I got home I had the same issues. Finally they authorized the Mitsubishi dealer to replace the TCM module and it worked 98% of the time. My only complaints now since updating the app it takes long to load to get into it and when you have the car running and unlock your door it shuts the car off. Of course they say that is a safety feature but I've had remote start before and my jeep forced you to press the button to start to put it in gear. I'd strongly suggest you get their engineers engaged and work with your dealer. The app is quite good overall and I appreciate a cool car on hot summer days being in FL. Keep us posted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts