Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It looks great!

I like how compared to the last layout (which most other forums have), this one is clean, minimalist, and just shows what you actually need in an easy to digest way. I'm still learning the ropes so if anyone has any tips on what they found, please share them.

Registered
I guess I'm not a fan of change. But I'll deal. I'm already annoyed at the adds being in annoying places and not being able to tell what's new, the hidden signatures, etc 馃槶. I'll get over it...but I'm crying a little.

Registered
First impressions are that it looks much cleaner. Being a moderator on another forum running the Xenforo, this is old stuff to me. I'm sure I'll get used to this soon enough.

The only constant is change.

Registered
Let me share my thoughts of it in one word: 'Barf'
Change is always going to happen, but this just to push Premium membership? Please......

Registered
I found the info on the premium. Sounds not worth it. Not liking the idea that you can post behind the premium wall. That's seems to be the opposite of the mission here to have discussions and members. But what do I know.

Registered
I found the info on the premium. Sounds not worth it. Not liking the idea that you can post behind the premium wall. That's seems to be the opposite of the mission here to have discussions and members. But what do I know.
If this were a forum with thousands of members, maybe a premium membership might make sense, but for such a small group, i have to agree with you, Beth.

Registered
Happy with the dark mode but otherwise Meh! The icons replace the old text menu options at the top which is OK once you've used them a few times but like @betha_b1 I'll get over it and live on. Never had a forum membership where paid Premium was an option. Not something I envisage taking up...

Registered
Never had a forum membership where paid Premium was an option. Not something I envisage taking up...
It is optional everyone and remember that the internet isn't 'free', Someone is paying for the hosting server, the domain name and possibly the actual software the forum runs. For a system with fast response and 99% uptime, that certainly isn't free and has to be paid for somehow.

Registered
Whilst the overarching concept of the internet is freedom these days it is seen simply as a method of gathering user data for the purpose of making money. I have been a member of an Australian forum which covers many, varied topics and has never had advertising nor any options for paying extra. It is healthy and vibrant in its content. Sites track your every move and then aggregate your data for sale to Google and others for their marketing campaigns etc. This site uses four trackers every time you visit to note your interactions. That's what assists with paying for the running of sites these days. I have been using the Internet since the 80's as part of my military service in the area of battle simulation studies and training which was conducted between Australian and US Army units. ARPANET was/is the embodiment of the internet ethos. Everything these days boils down to making a buck...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts