Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have recently bought an eclipse cross and I have a confusion about the TPMS. I know it does not tell the exact pressure and so its "indirect TPMS" but then in the manual its mentioned that there is a pressure sensor inside the tire which does not make sense as its not required. Its even mentioned that it have ID that should be programmed with the car!
As it is new, I did not remove the tire itself from the rim to confirm. I want to buy aftermarket internal TPMS and want to confirm if the tire actually have this sensor mentioned in the manual or not so I don't mess with something related to the car.
Can someone confirm this?

Font Automotive tire Circle Parallel Auto part

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Document

·
Registered
2022 Eclipse Cross PHEV
34 Posts
Hello,
I have recently bought an eclipse cross and I have a confusion about the TPMS. I know it does not tell the exact pressure and so its "indirect TPMS" but then in the manual its mentioned that there is a pressure sensor inside the tire which does not make sense as its not required. Its even mentioned that it have ID that should be programmed with the car!
As it is new, I did not remove the tire itself from the rim to confirm. I want to buy aftermarket internal TPMS and want to confirm if the tire actually have this sensor mentioned in the manual or not so I don't mess with something related to the car.
Can someone confirm this?

View attachment 1579

View attachment 1580
Yes there is a sensor in the tyre, however, it will only tell when the tyre pressure drops below 25%. In other words if you have a puncture, and the presure drops below a certain level, the system will advise you accordingly. Read further in your manual, its all there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes there is a sensor in the tyre, however, it will only tell when the tyre pressure drops below 25%. In other words if you have a puncture, and the presure drops below a certain level, the system will advise you accordingly. Read further in your manual, its all there.
I have read the manual and its only mentioned that "The system only indicates when a tire is significantly under-inflated" and nothing is mentioned about 25% you are referring to. Which manual you mean? I am referring to 2022 manual which does not even mention any procedure to reset after adjusting the tire pressure. not sure if different countries have different version of the manual or its the same everywhere?
Only thing mentioned is "Once adjustments have been made, the warning light will go off after a few minutes of driving"

·
Registered
2022 Eclipse Cross PHEV
34 Posts
I have read the manual and its only mentioned that "The system only indicates when a tire is significantly under-inflated" and nothing is mentioned about 25% you are referring to. Which manual you mean? I am referring to 2022 manual which does not even mention any procedure to reset after adjusting the tire pressure. not sure if different countries have different version of the manual or its the same everywhere?
Only thing mentioned is "Once adjustments have been made, the warning light will go off after a few minutes of driving"
I too have the 2022 PHEV. In Germany TPMS is standard equipment in all 2022 Eclipse Cross PHEV models, and in the user manual under section 7-106 is the complete description and reset instructions. Sorry I can't be of more help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I too have the 2022 PHEV. In Germany TPMS is standard equipment in all 2022 Eclipse Cross PHEV models, and in the user manual under section 7-106 is the complete description and reset instructions. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Ok. I don't have the PHEV so the manual is different :)
I will try to find out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.