Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got a low tyre pressure alert today and fixed it from the gas station by pumping the air, after reset the sensor, the alert is gone, however i got 2 questions.

1. The alarm just showing low tyre pressure, but it didnt indicate which tyre got the problem, except pump all tyre, what else i can do to indicate which tyre got the issue.

2. if the tyre got punctured, will the system indicate which tyre got issue or just telling you your tyre got a issue.

Thank you.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Unfortunately, no to both your questions. The system as installed is a general warning and a visual check is required by the driver. In Australia we do not have TPMS so I installed an after market system which shows the pressure for each tire/tyre on the car. This makes it easy to quickly identify and rectify the offender. Your TPMS does not allow this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, no to both your questions. The system as installed is a general warning and a visual check is required by the driver. In Australia we do not have TPMS so I installed an after market system which shows the pressure for each tire/tyre on the car. This makes it easy to quickly identify and rectify the offender. Your TPMS does not allow this.
Thank you for getting back and well noted.
the system you installed is like this?

Product Musical instrument accessory Font Audio equipment Gadget

·
Registered
618 Posts
No, I purchased this system from AliExpress:

It uses the information from the wheel speed sensors to gauge tyre circumference when pressures are set correctly and then monitors each wheel from data sent via the vehicle OBDII connector under the front dash. The display fits into one of the spare blank slots in the centre console.

The install process I followed is discussed in this thread:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts