Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Does anyone else have an issue with turning the key and the car not starting at all for several seconds? I've taken my car in 6 times for the issue, and it has not been fixed yet. The starter has been replaced as well as relays. The issue happens frequently, but not every time. Of course only happened once at service center.

·
Super Moderator
276 Posts
If you have a manual transmission, make sure the clutch is fully depressed. If you have an automatic, try starting it with the shift level in neutral instead of park. It sounds like a problem with the safety switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! Does anyone else have an issue with turning the key and the car not starting at all for several seconds? I've taken my car in 6 times for the issue, and it has not been fixed yet. The starter has been replaced as well as relays. The issue happens frequently, but not every time. Of course only happened once at service center.
Hi I've had the same problem for about a year and a half. I've talk to Mitsubishi and open up a case in which they do nothing about. There was a dealership I took it to when I moved back to Ohio. They said it was a cold start issue. Did not fix the problem. They tell me everything checks out fine. They called corporate technician. At first they were not aware of any issue. The dealership said they got a different one. We are not the only one with the same problem. They tell you they are working on a fix that they will call you. Well that been since February 2020. Still no fix just angry customers and no solution. I'm surprised they replaced the starter no dealership has done any sort of work for me on the issue. Now it's a frequent thing I deal with on a daily basis. Keep up the fight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts