Eclipse Cross Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks impressive but will void your warranty and even with a claimed 20% mpg gain will take a long time to recover the cost for many owners.

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
I don't really have any complaints about performance now, but when I hit 100k miles/10 years, I'll give it a whirl. I plan on keeping mine past 100k ... thinking 150k, which is what I seem to be getting from my Mitubishis. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well from what I saw on YouTube if I remember correctly you can remove it pretty easy if taking to the dealer . And it will be right back to stock. Think it was like 2 clips or so.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Looks interesting and straight forward. I'm am more than happy with the current performance, though appreciate the improved claimed performance, will I'm sure appeal to the more young blooded members.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What setting do you run on? And how hard do you drive the vehicle? I am just curious how well the transmission has held up with this box I am considering one.
I'm running it on setting 6 and accelerate pretty hard with it, I don't do crazy speeds but for overtaking and that it pulls alot harder than standard. It's two clips to remove so easy to put back to standard

·
Registered
78 Posts
I looked into this and can't find enough information on how it works or dyno graphs and air fuel ratio charts? Does it change timing also? What does it do? Is the eclipse cross they used to make the tuning box" still running?
Do you have to use 93octane now?

·
Registered
78 Posts
The baseline dyno they show isn't real
No way the Eclipse cross made 184ft.lbs. on their dyno.
Therefore... all the values on the website and "data sheet" they provide is B.S.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just saw this post. @Mountainsofbeer - Tells you a lot about a company, huh?
If anything, at best it's probably crank readings, or simulated through one of those "on-board" dyno apps.

So, using this as a benchmark, I wouldn't expect much. Also remember that, no matter what ratings an engine puts out on the crank, there's always drivetrain lossy to consider to the wheels --- this is what these simulated dynos don't show you. In the end, so-called 200hp performance ratings will only really get you to about 120hp/150lb-ft at the wheels on AWD, after all the mechanical drag introduced by the drivetrain.

True performance numbers don't come from a chip. Or a bolt-on without proper tuning. Doesn't matter what vehicle or what year you're in - some things will never change.
Even if your vehicle is turbocharged, you always want to ask yourself - "is this really getting me the power I want"? Especially considering the risk. I highly doubt neither the engine internals nor CVT are up to the task of even a mild uptick in performance.

I posted something somewhere about a throttle response controller - there's something that might be worthy of a look. But a "chip" solution? Hmmm...

Either way, good luck - let us know how it goes.

Reactions: Telferstr

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't know why I was so abrupt in my post lol I guess it was early for
The reason I don't like it is what are the odds that it actually makes the exact number 184.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Right. Never too early to smell the fish.
Every engine is different. Maybe the stars lined up to where torque rating is as the Manu specs indicate :), and somehow, factory HP rating is 10 BHP more?

Anyway, I'll quit. Good luck to those who decide to try it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts