Eclipse Cross Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am driving a 2018 Eclipse cross and all was good until recently I used my fog light. In the past I was able to turn it on and off normally but now I am unable to turn it off after turning it on. The only way it will go off is when i turn off my engine.

Even when I am using automatic headlight with the fog light in dark places, both the front leds and fog lights will turn off when I enter a bright place but both will turn back on when I enter a dark place i.e. tunnel.

Anyone experiences this?:sad:

·
Super Moderator
276 Posts
Nope, never seen that, but I don't use my fog lights that often. Sounds like either a bad switch or a bad relay to me.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Weird. Sounds like the responsible ECU is out of whack. A visit to the dealer may be in order to get the ECU reset. You could try removing power from the systems by disconnecting the battery for up to five minutes to see if they reset once power is restored. Don't leave it too long or other issues may crop up because of the extended disconnection. Sounds similar to an issue that @52Traction encountered with his auto lighting after a repair. Turned out the battery had been disconnected for a long period during the body repair that caused his issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am driving a 2018 Eclipse cross and all was good until recently I used my fog light. In the past I was able to turn it on and off normally but now I am unable to turn it off after turning it on. The only way it will go off is when i turn off my engine.

Even when I am using automatic headlight with the fog light in dark places, both the front leds and fog lights will turn off when I enter a bright place but both will turn back on when I enter a dark place i.e. tunnel.

I'm also a 2018 EC owner from Taiwan and i found that when i was unable to turn it off immediately, try keeping turning it off more than 3 seconds and miracle happened lol...Pls reply if you find it useful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had the same issue once but never had it again after turning the engine off and on again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same issue once but never had it again after turning the engine off and on again.
hi I just noticed last night that I have the same issue. Its working when I turn it on
But turning off in the switch is not working. When i turned off my head light it will turn off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm also a 2018 EC owner from Taiwan and i found that when i was unable to turn it off immediately, try keeping turning it off more than 3 seconds and miracle happened lol...Pls reply if you find it useful.
What do you mean try to turnin

have you fixed ur fog light switch? I have Mitsu EC 2018 too and last night i had to use it when it was raining hard and dark and tried to turn it off but i had to swtvh off tye headlight so i could be able ti turn off thw fog light

·
Registered
89 Posts

I had what I though was an issue, but I realise that its wired and operate slightly different front the asx.... i believe the addition of the rear fog light changes the whole dynamic of the light switch operation.... the dealer weren't even sure how its operated and claim that it was just an reflector however the same switch operate both front and rear fog lights... there's actually 2 fog lights indicator in dash gauge (green n orange) showing when they are on ...
On first attempt to turn on fog light the front fog will turn on, On second attempt the rear fog will turn on also.
Most case while this was happening we were unaware as it was behind and we were in vehicle it was very confusing until I had a someone to watch the rear fog light to see when they came off or not... to get a clearer understanding how they work...
Turning knob/switch 1 time forward turns on fog light, 2 time forward the rearfog lights will turn on.
Now the front fog light won't turn off unless you turn off rear fog light first, then you can attempt to turn front off. otherwise you will be entangle in a 2nd tier function of the same switch.
However once you dont enter into this 2nd tier of switch function the switching on and off front fog lights will be normal.
The lights turning on and off in dark and on in well lit areas are a function when headlight switch is on auto feature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts